Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Tom Brady

Are his SP Authentic /1250 worth getting? I mean its a hype right now no doubt but he is one of the "BEST".

Debating if I should get into the Brady frenzy........what you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    prolly too late bro, I would look at some current rookies, I cant justify the Brady prices now, let along see them poised to go up...

PS I have been wrong before
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Money is really not a factor for me right now. I was thinking of getting one last week but I lost the bidding war on eBay. The fact that the card is #'ed has me wanting to buy one ASAP, its not like a J. Montana rookie card that theres thousands of I'm sure. Are his Contender cards #'ed?
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I dont really know about football too much, but you are SUPPOSED to buy in the off season image at least baseball
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are his SP Authentic /1250 worth getting? I mean its a hype right now no doubt but he is one of the "BEST".

Debating if I should get into the Brady frenzy........what you guys think? >>

I dunno. Normally, I would say that there's no more room for growth, but keep this in mind. When his card was $100, people said it was overpriced. When his card was $300, people said it was overpriced. When his card was $700, people said it was overpriced. Now it's over a grand.

If the team stays intact next year and remains healthy, I would not be surprised if it goes up even more. Like Brady himself, everyone seems to be underestimating this card every year.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If money isnt an issue I would grab one, I think there will always be a market for his cards. Im not saying he is a mortal lock for the HOF but I like his chances.
  • Options
    By the way, as popular as the SP Auth's are, I think the auto'd Contenders are the best bet for long investment. Of course, they are much, much harder to find in mint condition.
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    What about the 2000 Upper Desck Ionix? They are numbered to 2000. Link and plug
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Tom Brady

.... is gonna win the Super Bowl again...

... dang it.

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options

<< <i>If money isnt an issue I would grab one, I think there will always be a market for his cards. Im not saying he is a mortal lock for the HOF but I like his chances. >>

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that Brady will be a HOF'er, even if he broke his whole face today trying to lunge for some chick who proposed to him.

And to the OP, jump on the Favre bandwagon man!!! He's a 1st balloter for sure, and that could be in 5 years. But that's just my opinion, since I collect "real" QB's. image
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options

<< <i>If money isnt an issue I would grab one, I think there will always be a market for his cards. Im not saying he is a mortal lock for the HOF but I like his chances. >>

Not a mortal lock?????? If i had to pick one current player that is a lock, it would be BRADY! Does he have to win 5 Super Bowls first?

Pick one up...........
    "You must understand the difference in things that are similar, and the similarity of things that are different"

• Options
    If I had the money actually, I wouldn't mind having a 2000 Bowman Chrome refractor. I think this card is really cool and still has some potential.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    I would wait until after the superbowl. Cards always go down in value after a player/team loses.

GO GIANTS!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    No decent PSA 9's on eBay, the sp authentic and contenders.

Anyone here on the boards selling?
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No decent PSA 9's on eBay, the sp authentic and contenders.

Anyone here on the boards selling? >>

I won't be selling my Sp but I will be listing PSA 10 UD Black Diamond tonight image
  • Options
    This ones doesn't appear to be too bad. Still low bidding compared to the other auctions.

Tom Brady SP Auth - BGS 9

True, it's a BGS, but it's one with the older flip which means it was graded most likely before BGS took a nosedive in consistency.
  • Options
    I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tempted to throw a major bid on that card. I am Vintage only but this might have to be an exception...image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    May want to think twice about that or at least use caution.

Low feedback seller, PP coverage only up to $200, and 1st time selling.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>May want to think twice about that or at least use caution.

Low feedback seller, PP coverage only up to $200, and 1st time selling. >>

EXACTLY, thats why I thought that auction was too good to be true.
  • Options
    OK back to reality- I wont be bidding on that card but very good observation Barry. Prolly not a good idea to throw a 1200+ ? bid to win that auction...
  • Options
    $5,000 for a PSA 9 Sp Authentic LOL
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    i personally think his 2000 Leaf Rookies and Stars is his best looking rookie card. Then the ionix in his michigan uniform. The colors on the R and S are just amazing. Edited to say the rookies and stars seems more condition sensitive and is numbered to just 1000. Edited a 2nd time to say you are right.....there are ALOT more montana rookie cards...and brady was not in a number of major sets in 2000...his rookies are almost all numbered apart from the fleer tradition and ultra and some of the pacfic cards...but even those boxes unopened are selling well.

Loth
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why you would buy right now. It's only going to go down even if they win. Give it a few weeks...
  • Options
    It would be history.....more than just a hype...
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I have a Contenders and I know I should sell, but after hearing that Moss will pretty much be back for sure next year I think the hype will return come season opener.
  • Options
    No decent cards on the bay.
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭

I repectfully and wholeheartedly disagree. I think if there was ever a "mortal lock" for the HOF, it's Tom Brady.
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    he was lock for the HOF without any TD record and with 3 SB rings and 2 SB MVP's.....FOR GOD SAKE FRED DEAN JUST MADE THE HOF!!!!!!
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    "No decent cards on the bay. " Hello, decent card link
  • Options

<< <i>"No decent cards on the bay. " Hello, decent card link >>

After the SP Authentic or Contenders, not that shiny thing.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't understand why you would buy right now. It's only going to go down even if they win. Give it a few weeks... >>

I still want a Brady SP Authentic card, now I can probably get it for less.
  • Options
    Some people are listing right away I see.
  • Options
    What a difference a day can make. I just checked the sales on ungraded Contenders rookie cards of Tom Brady (Non-Championship Ticket). The card fluctuated from as low as $669 to as high as $1,600 on Super Bowl Sunday.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I think you will be able to pick up some reasonably priced deals this week.

For every one less bidder (ie heartbroken fan), that's a couple less bucks to compete with.

Well, at least in theory anyways...
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I mentioned this on another discussion board but will mention this here for discussion.

I may consider waiting a little longer to get one unless you're just a super fan that wants a copy. They're innocent until proven guilty, but what if the allegations about the video against the Rams turns out to be true? I know it's a stretch, but it's something to think about.
  • Options
    A month or so and I'll probably be able to pick up a SP Authentic. $650-$700 maybe? Last year when they lost to the Colts there were Buy It Now all for $550- $600 range.

Contender might be the same price range.
  • Options
    I don't see a price drop that drastic unless it's for raw.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Manning's sp authentic came back down in the off-season and he WON the super bowl for the first time. I would suspect the Brady will come down a fair amount as well. The Contenders WAS a great investment card, but at $3k for a 9 now (18 months ago it was $350) it's overpriced. The SP Authentic I never understood. #/1250, not autographed and it outsells the Contenders which is nearly as popular of a set every year, has 20% of the print run and is auto'd. His Crown Royale auto is a nice buy still as well.

Brady is a Hall of Famer. I don't think there is any question about that.

Personally, I would hold off on the Brady SP. If you see a 9 for <$1200 between the Pro Bowl and training camp, it might be worth grabbing. I didn't like that card at $700 at the start of the season but anything under a grand is going to be a good price I think. PSA 10 at $1500 would be a good buy too, but I think that may stay above the $2k mark for a while again.
  • Options

<< <i>Manning's sp authentic came back down in the off-season and he WON the super bowl for the first time. >>

Sorry but which Manning are you talking about? 1998 SP Authentic or Eli's SP Authentic AUTO/Patch.
  • Options
    Peyton Manning cards dropped after he won the Super Bowl. There was so much faith that he would win a SB that his card sales didn't have much more room to grow when he finally won it.