Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New Lincoln Varieties in Price Guide

With everyone submitting the new Lincoln varieties, PCGS has begun to list those with a sales
history. I noticed a 1910 S/S Rpm 2 among a least a dozen new listings. Who has submitted a Lincoln
that is not currently listed? I have a nice 35 DDO and 11 S/S Rpm 1 in for attribution. What say you!!

Comments

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it odd that they do not have any 1972 Dies listed but Die 1. They have been grading these for a long time. There should be a full spread of color and grade and a lot of recent auction history to give a value.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    The 1939 DDO doesn't have a price listing yet, although the price showed up in my set when I added it. 1930-S/S shows a price of $125 in 65RD...even with the recent Teletrade auction of 1 of 2 selling for $450+1930-S/S

As far as the 1972s, my guess is, their trying to figure out why $50-$100 examples are selling for $400+

Mike
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as the 1972s, my guess is, their trying to figure out why $50-$100 examples are selling for $400+

LOL, i'snt that the truth!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    What I see as developing is a strong effort by Collectors Universe (ie) PCGS to build up over time the best and most extensive RETAIL on line price guide for PCGS slabbed coins. By added the various varieties to the listing they are promoting the collecting of these coins and may influence pricing on some. I happen to think this is good for the hobby because almost all other price guides, both on line and in print are limited to only date. mintmark and major varieties. As an example, Coin World with their old "Trends" and now "Coin Values" seems to repeat the same prices month after month for each grade. Years ago in "Trends" they upgraded their pricing with each 3 week cycle. It is good to see the PCGS price guide constantly being updated. Now if only they would also develop a wholesale or dealer pricea for every coin and then publish a low (wholesale) and high (retail) number people could get a real sense of what pricing is in the marketplace. JMHO. Steveimage
  • Options

<< <i>Now if only they would also develop a wholesale or dealer pricea for every coin and then publish a low (wholesale) and high (retail) number people could get a real sense of what pricing is in the marketplace. JMHO. >>

CCE Lists and reports bid / ask market prices for various coin issues. Not quite sure if they do it for all coins though.
    Young Numismatist ............................ and growing!
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The 1939 DDO doesn't have a price listing yet, although the price showed up in my set when I added it.

Mike >>

The PCGS price guide is much larger than what is posted on their website. Not sure why they hide stuff. It if available to dealers and auction houses. If you look up the coin and grade you want in the Heritage archives they will list the current PCGS price for it.