Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Bonds playing this year?

Not that too many people probably care, but does anyone know or has anyone heard if Barry Bonds is going to play anywhere this year?

Comments

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Yes. Starting leftfielder for the California Penal League.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    yep, but only with himself!
    without the roid's his testicles might return to normal size.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope he does play, I think he is still capable of some spot starts or even better a DH, I think he could have another 20+ HR's in him..
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    love to see the mets sign him... with beltran the only player you can hope makes the whole season.

why not bonds? alou? will he play more then 100 games. church how good is he? backups are all gone milledge gone gomez seems to be gone to minny... endy cant back up all 3 spots..

he would make a great spot for the mets if they have the nads to do it.

probably cant after this santana deal goes down.... but IMO would be a great fit for the mets for 1 year!
  • Options
    Bonds cant play the field anymore. he needs to go to an AL park and DH.

no one will sign him. tragic. im crying a river of tears. wa.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    <no one will sign him. tragic. im crying a river of tears. wa>

me tooo, im all tore up,he might get a minor league spot somewhere, nobodys gonna pay the price in his head that he want to he a dh,or hit it and go to 1st and sit,hes not worth it, hell be playing court tv like ojimage
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Supposedly all indications were that he would sign an incentive laden contract (with a nice base salary, of course) with the Oakland A's. Stay in the Bay Area (where he is cheered, mostly) and finish his last year or two there. He could probably hit 20-25 HRs and contribute with 65-75 RBIs.

But, that's if he can stay out of the big house. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I heard he may wind up in pinstripes, the thicker kind, though...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.