Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

did PSA change the way they list cards on registry???EDITED-CORRECTED

especially the collectors showcase...my Pujols collection lists a 100 "fleer" cards when really they are Fleer Platinum, Showcase, Premium, etc etc...same thing with topps

the only way to differentiate between these sets now is the card number!!!! WHY DID THEY MAKE THIS CHANGE?

PSA, please go back to listing the whole set name, not the shortened version....thanks

Comments

• Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    I noticed that with the 52 Bowman's in the HOF rookie set. It just list's them as Bowman and doesn't differenciate between small or large.. I also DO NOT like the change.

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    It changes the way the cards show up when you check your submission status too:

From my most recent sub:
    I just about choked when I saw what I thought were mech errors. However, when I put them in my set registries, they fit into the places they were supposed to go. I guess I'll find out once I get my cards back...

12 1987 TOPPS 4 WILL CLARK N/A 10 (Topps Glossy Rookies)
    13 1987 TOPPS 4 WILL CLARK N/A 8 (Topps Glossy Rookies)
    17 1988 SCORE 645 GREGG JEFFERIES N/A 10 (Score Glossy)
    18 1988 SCORE 647 RON GANT N/A 10 (Score Glossy)
    22 1999 UPPER DECK 138 JOSH BECKETT N/A 9 (Ultimate Victory)
    28 1997 BOWMAN 183 KERRY WOOD N/A 9 (Bowman Chrome)
    29 1997 BOWMAN 212 ROY HALLADAY N/A 9 (Bowman Chrome)
    30 1997 BOWMAN 273 MIGUEL TEJADA N/A 10 (Bowman Chrome)
    31 1998 BOWMAN 371 SCOTT WILLIAMSON N/A 9 (Bowman Chrome)
    32 1999 BOWMAN 435 JASON JENNINGS N/A 9 (Bowman Chrome)
    33 1999 UPPER DECK 136 ALFONSO SORIANO N/A 9 (Ultimate Victory)

I called up PSA and they told me to send an email with the mistakes.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    PSA said to send an email to them WITH THE MISTAKES??

are these all mistakes? it cant be, it has to be a change they made intentionally somewhere...
  • Options

<< <i>are these all mistakes? it cant be, it has to be a change they made intentionally somewhere... >>

I was on the phone as soon as my sub popped to make sure I didn't get a flood of Mech Errors sent back to me. Even the customer service person said "Wow" and had me give her a list of the "errors". Later, when I started adding the certs to my registry sets, they went in where they were supposed to go.
    After all that, I noticed that this change was randomly popping up around the registry. My 2003 Bowman Chrome Brandon Webb still says "Bowman Chrome", but my 1997 Bowman Chrome Miguel Tejada just says "Bowman", but it's still accessing the Bowman Chrome pop numbers. Ugh. Looks like a big fat error to me.

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246

This kinda thing just completely irks me. How do you suppose that the 'not guaranteed' turnaround times, mechanical errors, .5 grade 'thing' and grading inconsistencies translate to satisfied customers? I mean, at what point do you say enough is enough?

PSA...please make a great effort to correct these issues (or "perceptions" if you don't feel that they are issues) because it's going to become (if it hasn't already) entirely too much to bear for your loyal customer base.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    That about sums it up.
  • Options
    I just got an email back. Turns out that this is actually a problem with the PSA's database, not an intentional change, and that the IT guys are working on a resolution.

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭
    Maybe they are preparing for the big change tomorrow when everything will be only .5 correct. They got the names correct, that's enough for today.
  • Options

<< <i>I just got an email back. Turns out that this is actually a problem with the PSA's database, not an intentional change, and that the IT guys are working on a resolution. >>

any idea how long? i should not send them emails about the errors then i guess
  • Options

<< <i>any idea how long? i should not send them emails about the errors then i guess >>

No clue, but they're working on it.

Heh, I imagine some non-IT person there did a bad find/replace on the set name and didn't figure it out until it was too late, then pretended like nothing happened until the complaints came in.

IT guy: "WHO DID THIS!?!!"
    Guilty party: "Uh, I dunno."

At least, that's how it goes at my job (where I'm the IT guy).

• Options
    dang, i was hoping this problem would be fixed with the new format, but no luck......still cant distinguish between sets on the registry

please address this psa, THANKS
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I can't find any sets now, lol

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    looks like everything is back to normal in the way cards are listed...thanks PSA, new site looks great!!!!

would be nice to click on a top category (SET NAME) for instance, and be able to see all the cards listed alphabetically, or similarly, click on SET YEAR to list all the cards in year order...that would be more INTERACTIVE!!! just a suggestion...