Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Simple question----Kennedy halves

Is there a cut off year for the Kennedy halves, or will they continue until otherwise stated? Just curious. Are there any plans for a new half?
-May the road rise up to meet you and the wind be at your back-

My Coin Painting Website

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    So far there has not been any indication from the mint that they intend to change the half. Frankly, I wish they would change it or end it.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't answer your question, but maybe you can help me out.
    What year were the rolls available directly from the mint, 2000 or 2001? Thanks
    Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭
    maybe you can help me out.
    What year were the rolls available directly from the mint, 2000 or 2001? Thanks >>

image aren't they still available from the mint? have to check the mint web siteimage
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    You can still buy 2001 rolls from the mint, I think it was 2002 when they quit distributing them and you HAD to buy them from the mint directly.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    I here talk there going to start a First Pet Series using the Half Dollars.imageimage

Dan
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options

<< <i>I here talk there going to start a First Pet Series using the Half Dollars.imageimage

Dan >>

i still don't think they'll circulateimage
  • Options
    Correct they are still available, but I should of said ... what was the first year they were available from the mint 2000 or 2001?
    I have rolls of P&D 2001 through 2007. Thanks
    Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
  • Options
    I would like to see the Mint end the Kennedy series in 2013, that would make a nice even 50 year runimage
  • Options
    The Red Book says 21,200,000 2000 P halves were made and NOT issued for circulation. Evidently the 19,504,000 2000 D mints ones were issued for circulation and were the last halves so issued.

In 2002 mintage dropped to 3,100,000 P's and 2,500,000 D's. Mintage since them has been approximately in the same range.
  • Options
    Why the hell are they making so many coins that they know do not circulate?
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options

"Is there a cut off year for the Kennedy halves, or will they continue until otherwise stated? Just curious. Are there any plans for a new half? "

Not while big TEDDY is around.

"Everyday above ground is a good day"

• Options

<< <i>The Red Book says 21,200,000 2000 P halves were made and NOT issued for circulation. Evidently the 19,504,000 2000 D mints ones were issued for circulation and were the last halves so issued.

In 2002 mintage dropped to 3,100,000 P's and 2,500,000 D's. Mintage since them has been approximately in the same range. >>

Thanks for the info that's what I needed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file