Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

anyone seen these "printing plates" that are popping up on ebay....

wouldnt a printing plate be the reverse negative when looking at it?

these 2001 Pujols cards dont exist, i dont know who is making them though....

i have seen about 10 varieties in the last month, many being sold out of taiwan

LINK

another

another again

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I saw these too. They have brought big money on the 2001 Fleer Platinum and various Lebron Rookie plates. Dare I say that there could be a bad apple in Taiwan?
  • Options
    i haven't noticed any in basketball? are they all Lebrons? Same seller? cause there have been a bunch of Pujols ones....
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    if anybody could figure out how to fake something good,believe me, in taiwan they can make anything you want,they thai guy only accepts paypal,kinda curious,maybe he dont know he wwould probably lose a dispute,like to see the sticker on the back of them,they would have to do a reverse neg i think to make the card, i got a few and they are not reverse though but were from packs, just gey, or red, depending on the color
  • Options
    I don't buy any printing plates from Taiwan, especially plates that weren't inserted into packs. I have 6 plates of Mcgwire, but they are all the Pacific ones from when they had their going out of business sale. While it's true that there are some really rare cards in private collections overseas, none of those plates looks very authentic to me, especially from Fleer, which hasn't traditionally been known to insert/sell printing plates.

Also the printing plates will in fact be the correct image, because like a newspaper printer, the ink goes from the plate, to the roller (which would be mirror imaged on the roller) onto the printed surface, mirroring the image correct again.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I pulled a few printing plates last year from packs that were both reverse and normal.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Do all the companies that inserted these into packs put some kind of sticker on the back of them stating what they are??
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Do all the companies that inserted these into packs put some kind of sticker on the back of them stating what they are??
  • Options
    yes usually the back of the card has a holographic sticker or something that proves its legitamacy...

Pujols had 5 1/1's issued in 2001.....4printing plates issued for Topps Gallery and 1 fleer showcase MASTERPIECE card 1/1 (not a plate)

curious how the seller is using the word MASTERPIECE, trying to trick those not in the know?
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that for the 1997 Pinnacle printing plates (forget which brand they were for exactly), the CEO of Pinnacle himself (forget the name) put his John Hanc-ck on all of 'em.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

<< <i>I believe that for the 1997 Pinnacle printing plates (forget which brand they were for exactly), the CEO of Pinnacle himself (forget the name) put his John Hanc-ck on all of 'em. >>

Yep. They were for New Pinnacle I believe. Not sure if they also did them for their regular brand as well.
  • Options
    why cant you contact an ebayer who you have no transactions with.....i would love to notify the buyers about the crap they are buying...kind of educate them
  • Options
    link

to add insult to injury....is this a high bidder a shill?
  • Options
    Chrome are reverse.

Base are normal.

At least for Bowman it is.

What makes me suspect is that all these plates have the printing. Maybe he just bought all the plates with text. Is any of the borders missing on these plates? Usually theres text on more than one plate.

Heres some of my plates. My backwards one is from Chrome.

imageimageimage