Home Sports Talk
Options

Mets fans!!!!!

have 48-72 hours to agree on contract! 4 propspects for santana. gomez, mulvey, guerra, humber! link

Comments

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    As a Red Sox fan, I could not be happier about this. Not only do we not have to give up 4 of our promising young guys, but the Yankees didn't get him either.

As a Mets fan, I'd be absolutely thrilled to get that guy though. Congratulations!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a Red Sox fan, I'd be happy to see Santana NOT in the AL East image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As a Red Sox fan, I could not be happier about this. Not only do we not have to give up 4 of our promising young guys, but the Yankees didn't get him either.

As a Mets fan, I'd be absolutely thrilled to get that guy though. Congratulations! >>

seems like great minds...
  • Options
    Kuhlman, Im so happy about this trade if it becomes official. Im also glad they didn't have to give up Martinez
    Collector of anything to do with the Dallas Cowboys * PSA cards from 60-07 *
  • Options
    Im also glad they didn't have to give up Martinez

And of course Reyes too
    Collector of anything to do with the Dallas Cowboys * PSA cards from 60-07 *
  • Options

<< <i>As a Red Sox fan, I could not be happier about this. Not only do we not have to give up 4 of our promising young guys, but the Yankees didn't get him either. >>

Switch the words Red Sox and Yankees, and that's exactly how I feel too image
  • Options
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I am so thrilled.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grear move!! We needed an ace desperately, and we got one! Nice job, Minaya!

P.S.

SteveK, don't worry, you can still battle it out with Atlanta for seconds!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As a Red Sox fan, I could not be happier about this. Not only do we not have to give up 4 of our promising young guys, but the Yankees didn't get him either.

As a Mets fan, I'd be absolutely thrilled to get that guy though. Congratulations! >>

Agreed!
  • Options

<< <i>

seems like great minds... >>

....Think Alike! image
  • Options
    Well another Twins jersey goes into the fireplace. Thanks for the loyalty Santana!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    monsterous, essential signing for the Metsies, as a phillies fan nice to know they finally did something to counter the bad taste in thier mouth from thier epic collapse, it's not going to help you muahhahahahahahhaahahahhahah
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Grear move!! We needed an ace desperately, and we got one! Nice job, Minaya!

P.S.

SteveK, don't worry, you can still battle it out with Atlanta for seconds! >>

Lemme contemplate for awhile, me thinks I heard this before (approximately one hour later) ...Oh yea, it was last baseball season from Jerry who predicted the Mets couldn't not win the NL East. image

-
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭

<< <i>monsterous, essential signing for the Metsies, as a phillies fan nice to know they finally did something to counter the bad taste in thier mouth from thier epic collapse, it's not going to help you muahhahahahahahhaahahahhahah >>

Is it almost 11,000 losses now for the Phills?
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>monsterous, essential signing for the Metsies, as a phillies fan nice to know they finally did something to counter the bad taste in thier mouth from thier epic collapse, it's not going to help you muahhahahahahahhaahahahhahah >>

Is it almost 11,000 losses now for the Phills? >>

so? and the yankees have lost more world series and world series playoff games than any team in history.

has your squad been around for 125 years newbie ?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemme contemplate for awhile, me thinks I heard this before (approximately one hour later) ...Oh yea, it was last baseball season from Jerry who predicted the Mets couldn't not win the NL East.

Tell the truth Stevey, you know 2008 will be different. In your words, "It's a stone cold mortal LOCK the Mets win the NL East"!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>[Tell the truth Stevey, you know 2008 will be different. In your words, "It's a stone cold mortal LOCK the Mets win the NL East"!!

image >>

Yes! I do remember that specific statement from SteveK... image
  • Options

<< <i>Lemme contemplate for awhile, me thinks I heard this before (approximately one hour later) ...Oh yea, it was last baseball season from Jerry who predicted the Mets couldn't not win the NL East.

Tell the truth Stevey, you know 2008 will be different. In your words, "It's a stone cold mortal LOCK the Mets win the NL East"!!

image >>

Nope - I see the Phils winning the NL East again, and going on to win the World Series.

-
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Lemme contemplate for awhile, me thinks I heard this before (approximately one hour later) ...Oh yea, it was last baseball season from Jerry who predicted the Mets couldn't not win the NL East.

image >>

Nope - I see the Phils winning the NL East again, and going on to win the World Series.

- >>

Thats the SteveK I know!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>[Tell the truth Stevey, you know 2008 will be different. In your words, "It's a stone cold mortal LOCK the Mets win the NL East"!!

image >>

Yes! I do remember that specific statement from SteveK... image >>

If I did say that, when the Mets did look like they were a lock at a time last season, then the CU Sports Talk prediction put the kiboshes on the Mets didn't it, which turned out good for my Phillies. Ha! Ha!
  • Options
    You are correct Steve!

Giants 34 Pats 20 image