Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Broke my first box/packs in a LONG time today!

I hadn't broken a box or any packs since last July and got the itch to do so. Went to the local card store to see if he had anything cheap and picked up a box of 2007 Fleer Ultra SE. I doubt many of you are familiar with the product but it's 5 packs, 15 cards a pack and 5 hits (4 jerseys and 1 auto) per box. They're about $40 on Blowout and Ebay but I was able to pick this up for $35 today!

I'll start with my inserts and work my way up. Not worth scanning, but I got 3 golds. Lance Berkman, Trevor Hoffman and Miguel Tejada.

For the rest, I'll let the scans do the talking...

The Sanchez is numbered out of 160 while the others are not numbered.

MY FIRST EVER 1 OF 1!

Prett nice auto numbered out of 499!

I was very happy with the box. I've seen some pretty bad ones of this product on youtube but decided to take a chance on it for just $35. Glad I did!

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Nice, the Pudge plate should pay for the box and the rest is gravy.
  • Options
    If ya wanna trade off that Tulowitzki, I'll be your man!
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    nice!!

its cool that you got the printing plate for teh jersey card you got

great job!! whats next?
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    What do the base cards look like??
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I like how some of the inserts sort of look like the classic 1987 Fleer set. Great hit with the plate, too!
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    take pudge card to strip club,

free lap dances for EVERYONE!

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options

<< <i>What do the base cards look like?? >>

On the left is the gold and on the right is the regular version. It's pretty much the traditional Ultra design. I love how the pictures are so big on this card and they don't screw around with borders.

• Options
    Thanks for all the comments guys, I was pleased with the box.

<< <i> whats next? >>

I have no idea. I'll probably take another break from ripping stuff but my birthday is coming up on March 1st and I'm going to ask for a couple of boxes or something. Not quite sure what to get though.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    let me know if you want to sell Hafner.
  • Options
    Nice box !!!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    The Hafner auto is gone thanks to Goose. image

I have a question though. I want to sell the Pudge printing plate and was wondering what the best way to do it is. I'll probably spam a few trade sites over the next few days but if I get no takers on those I'll go the ebay route. If it goes as far as ebay should I just let it run as an auction or put up a Buy it Now/ Best Offer set at $35 to $40? I did a search and most of the plates from this set have been selling for about $30 and that includes the Magenta Pudge printing plate.

Not trying to spam but any takers on any other cards or does anyone need/ want any base? Pretty much all is For trade or for sale considering that I didn't pull a SINGLE Braves card and only 3 Rays base cards!!
  • Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Good work, Goot!

Robert
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Hey Goot,

I'll give you $35.00 for the Pudge 1 of 1 if you want to sell it for that. Let me know.

Mike Navarro
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    nice!!

think I picked up a few of those packs during the summer at 20 a pack

Any Dice-K cards?
  • Options

<< <i>nice!!

think I picked up a few of those packs during the summer at 20 a pack

Any Dice-K cards? >>

$20 a pack?! Wow.

No Dice-K, sorry.
  • Options
    Alright, the two Pudge cards are gone thanks to Navarro.

Too bad you can't make money or come out even on all box breaks anymore, because this is a good feeling that I probably won't feel again for a very long time.
  • Options
    So far so good! image

Your first box in a while, and already you got a one of one!!!!!

Giovanni