Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I don't get this new set...maybe someone can explain it too me!?

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
Presidential Dollars with First StrikesTM, Proof (2007-2016) Basically what I understand is that you need all 4 of the Presidential proofs and then you also need the exact same coins in the "First StrikeTM" slabs also?

Isn't this exactly what the term "Slab label chasing" is about? image

Not to rain on anyones parade, but this is what has been in the works lately? I personally have been eagerly anticipating the 1964-Date FB Roosie set with Business strikes and Satin Finish. Is there anyway when someone at PCGS reads this post that they could pretty please with sugar on top and a big cherry, add the Roosie set that I have been waiting on for several years now!?

I mean really...I don't ask for much and I've tried really hard lately to be a good Boy!

Thanks a bunch and stuff...
Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I agree, that has to be the most ridiculous set I've seen. But if you want a new set, send a PM or email to BJ, don't just post here.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Good luck with the Roosevelt dime set you want to establish !!

Not to delegate to a "No Brainer" set, but you need not only the First Strike coin as well as one for each President that is not designated that way. It means more coins and is "harder" to qualify than the basic First Strike set.

Advise if I am missing something.

brillo
  • Options

<< <i>But if you want a new set, send a PM or email to BJ, don't just post here. >>

I have...I have sent several e-mails to the Q & A board and also spoke about this set to someone whom I won't mention here in Milwaukee went I stopped by their booth.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    i love this new set!!! for people like me that collected all 8 pres. dollar proofs!!!
  • Options
    p.s. i hope you get your set you have been requesting.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What no position A and B so we can have more of the same coins. image
    Between the first day available and now First stike, Position A/B, and missing this or that, I think I will just about give up on this series.
    This is worse that the BS/Satin stuff that is not fixed yet.
    I'll just buy rolls then wait to see what or where it all ends up.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What no position A and B so we can have more of the same coins. image
    Between the first day available and now First stike, Position A/B, and missing this or that, I think I will just about give up on this series.
    This is worse that the BS/Satin stuff that is not fixed yet.
    I'll just buy rolls then wait to see what or where it all ends up.
    image >>

Although you do have to admit it would make an ambitious set for people that have too much time on their hands. image
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    The problem is that this type of set already was created in the Buffalo $50 Gold sets.

You need the First Strike AND you need the non-FS Blue Label coins as well.

So, now we haven't had enough coins in the 2007 Presidential sets.

Over 50 in the complete set, add in the FDI versions and the 8 proofs....And we are just getting started!

• Options
    Jim,
    i read on a site that 2008 is the last year for edge lettering. is that true?
    ryan
  • Options

<< <i>Jim,
    i read on a site that 2008 is the last year for edge lettering. is that true?
    ryan >>

From what I heard just I.G.W.T. is being moved and not the reast ie: the date and E.P.U.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.