Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I have a nightmare in the making.

Guys I have been selling some Ring magazines as of late, complete seasons in Fine condition. Today while checking my Ebay I see that a person with a 76% feedback rating is now the high bidder. Of 26 transactions this person has 6 negs all for non payment or claims they did not get the item Oh lord this should be fun. Hopefully this person will be out bidded. I can't leave the link (I'm on a Mac with a single cursor mouse) the item number for thos that care is: 190193461834

I am curious as to how this one will end to say the least.

Steve

Good for you.

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Delete/block him as a bidder. You can do that even after he has bid I believe.
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Can't you cancel his bid?
  • Options
    I hate when I reply BEFORE the message I am replying to! image

Your link is LINK

Looking at his feedback most of his problems were in the past. Maybe he has grown up? I would do delivery AND signature confirmation!
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate when I reply BEFORE the message I am replying to! image

>>

That has been going on alot lately, what is up with that??
  • Options
    That has been going on alot lately, what is up with that??

I assume it has to do with the time setting on my computer but not totally sure.
  • Options

<< <i>I can't leave the link (I'm on a Mac with a single cursor mouse) the item number for thos that care is: 190193461834

>>

If you're just trying to copy & paste and you don't have a right-click on your mouse, then highlight whatever you wanna copy and hold down CTRL+C. That's to copy. Paste is CTRL+V
  • Options

<< <i>Looking at his feedback most of his problems were in the past. >>

Yeah, I agree.

But if you have any doubt, you should email them and just ask for their contact information and how they intend to pay should they win.

On a side note, I was looking at your buyer feedback and what's up with that blow up doll that you purchased back in June? image
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I wouldn't call the possibility of having to request a FVF refund and relisting the magazines a nightmare. More of a mild inconvenience really.
  • Options
    Steve,
    I had this happen to me a couple of months ago. I had a couple of high end cards that I was selling and this buyer who had similiar feedback like the one bidding on your item was winning the cards, I decided to stop the auctions because there looked like trouble in the works. You have up to the last 12 hours before the auction ends to cancel the bids. As it turned out this buyer a couple weeks later became a unregistered e-bayer. So I think I made the right decision. There is no right or wrong decision on this just your gut feeling and also how fast you want to sell your item. Gary
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Lee if it is not a nightmare in the making then why did I dream last night that this person came to my door for a local pickup and stabbed me in my buttocks? All the while grabbing the magazines and running off with them. If my nightmare/dream comes true I can't relist them like you mention now could I? Hense my title 'Nightmare in the making'

Thankfully I have a hard butt and the stabbing was not that bad.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    Really? I heard you enjoyed getting stabbed in the butt.

Lee

(Sorry, you served that one up on a silver platter.)
  • Options
    LOL

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    1. Cancel the auction

2. Block the filthball

3. Relist item
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for the cat with the lime helmet. LOVE that picture.
  • Options
    Yes, I've commented on the lime helmet many times and even asked some questions, but I never get any answers.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1. Cancel the auction

2. Block the filthball

3. Relist item >>

I'll get the blue plastic 55 gallon drum, you boys get the lime powder and pliers.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Lee, I don't remember any comments that you have made or questions but I will answer them now.(I'm a little forgetfull). Thanks Nick for the kind words of the picture of the cat. Gary
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Options
    LOL.......wait until the new feedback policy takes effect and you can't tell the deadbeats like that guy from the good buyers because nobody has negative feedback......thanks eBay....pretty funny stuff.
  • Options
    You may be OK on this one. All the bad feedback was from 2005 and earlier. The buyer seems to have straightened out their act since then. I still would be a bit nervous. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    "I have a hard butt and the stabbing was not that bad"

My friend, thats signature line material.

Email the bidder, inquire about the negatives....or simply cancel and block him.
  • Options
    Here are my lime helmet questions:

Is that your cat, and more importantly, your lime helmet? If so, how did you make it? How did you get it on the cat? Can you make a helmet out of other fruit? Can you make one for me? If you had an extra extra large grapefruit, could you make one large enough to fit on a small child? So many questions......
  • Options
    Well it appears my not canceling/blocking that bidder might have paid off. She was outbid. Had I done that I would have lost money on the sale. There is still 40 minutes left to go so she does still have a chance. I'll let the board know the final outcome.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    Lee

I once made a hat out of a coconut half.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give helmet cat a shield made from an empty tuna can and I'll bet on it to whip any of the neighborhood dogs.image
  • Options
    Well a 3rd person wound up winning the item so i will not have to deal with that deadbeat ebayer. Thank God too, As I hate having to go through the hoops to complete a transaction.

Ok back to the fruit helmet discussion.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    It's about time, Steve. Now please stop derailing this lime helmet thread with your inane blather about auctions and other such nonsense.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i have a cat helmet i made for my cat out of a turtle shell i painted, its great,it dont fit my cats fat head anymore, used to have a chin strap for it when i had 2 cats image

ill see if i can get it on her tonight,i dont think it fits her anymore, it fit my buddycat,but he died on me from diabetesimage
  • Options
    Awwww, rube's a softie. I knew it all along. A couple months ago I had to put down one of my cats that I've had since college. That was really hard on me.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    sux dont it, i had to get mine put to sleep he was only 8- hes the black and white one on abt me on ebay,, died in my arms,shot him up with insulin for 2 years before though,then it quit workin
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭

<< <i>Here are my lime helmet questions:

Is that your cat, and more importantly, your lime helmet? If so, how did you make it? How did you get it on the cat? Can you make a helmet out of other fruit? Can you make one for me? If you had an extra extra large grapefruit, could you make one large enough to fit on a small child? So many questions...... >>

I know this is not directed at me, but I loaded that pic up not long after I joined. I took it down cause I was afraid I would offend animal lovers. Other than that, I am pleading the 5th. image

And to keep this thread on topic, Steve, I'm glad it worked out for you. Too many idiots on Ebay anymore.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Thankfully I have a hard butt and the stabbing was not that bad.

DONT LAUGH! One of my friend's was a HUGE Mass of muscle and he got stabbed in the liver with a buck knife. The Doc said since his abs were so rock hard the knife just nicked th eliver and saved his life.. HA!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's about time, Steve. Now please stop derailing this lime helmet thread with your inane blather about auctions and other such nonsense. >>

Agreed!

Let's get back on topic :

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Oh my god that is the greatest site ever.

• Options
    That is exactly what my coconut helmet looked like.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Because of the time warp, the OP (me) can't edit the title. Anyone else ever notice that?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

"I have a hard butt and the stabbing was not that bad"

Bob by all means you can use it.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭