Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

EBay lowers listing fees to boost sales

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

Comments

• Options
    Just another stupid marketing idea to try to hide the way they are going to screw sellers with the feedback system.
  • Options
    Good day,
    Yes Fee-Bay screws us again, %8.75 percent sales under $25. %75 percent of my sales are $10-$20 so I guess I'm just one of the Lucky ones as usual, with the listing fee figured in a $10.00 item, E-bay is getting almost a %15 percent cut. If you figure in the auctions that don't sell, they are getting about %20 percent of my sales, hell of a business model!!!!!!!
    Come on Google, Please hurry up and get the auction site up and running !!!!!!!!!
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Google is not going to do the Auction thing.

I don't mind the increase on the FVF. The new Feedback policy is what sucks.
  • Options
    how much is this going to cost 4sc? maybe they will just start everything at $25 problem solved
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I second the google hope. eBay has too much power over the online auction community. There needs to be some real competition here.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    what a raping.. 5 cents off a listing only to get bent over even more on the fvf
  • Options
    I just did the math. Say you have a card that you list with a $.99 starting price. Say that card ends up selling at $5.00.

Under the old fee schedule, you would have paid total fees of $.46 ($.20+$.26), or 9.2% of what you sold it for.

Under the new fee schedule, you will pay total fees of $.59 ($.15+$.44), or 11.8% of what you sold it for.

That's a 28% increase in fees!

When ebay said last week that they would be announcing cuts in insertion fees and increases in final value fees, I expected to break even or maybe even come out a tiny bit ahead. I didn't expect to get hosed for a 28% increase!

Based on the idea that I might come out a little bit ahead with the price changes, I was planning to sell more this year. Now, I'll probably cut back on my listings.

Thanks for nothing ebay.
    "It's not so important who starts the game but who finishes it."
    - John Wooden
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    MY favorite........

"Along with changes to the fee structure, eBay said it will change how sellers
    show up on customer searches. Those with high rates of customer dissatisfaction
    will get lower exposure in a search, the company said."

AFTER a few CRIMINALS posing as buyers have destroyed
    your FB, you will not need to worry about higher FVFs. You
    will not have ANY sales, because your listings will be on page
    500 of the search results.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i read the feedback thing and never did understand it, something about dsf's or something, mulitipe sales from same buyer will count though, i dunnu, i think they are annoying whatever they do, anything to make more $ and screw people, kinda like psa doesimage
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Another fleecing by ebay. I wish I was a real smart web developer with resources. Someone is going to come out and give ebay some real competition one of these days and I will LOVE it!
  • Options
    I'm beginning to think the feedback thing is being used to hide the increase in the FVF.
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!