Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Will the 2006 Statehood top pop MS68's hold?

Anyone care to speculate whether MS68 will hold as the top pop for 2006 statehood quarters? (Non-Satin Finish) Looking at the populations for previous years, very, very few pass this mark, but some states issues do. The interesting thing to note is the regularity with which some do. In 2001-2002, for instance, not a single Denver minted quarter reached this mark, yet dozens of those minted at Philadelphia did. By contrast, all 2004 MS69 examples are D-mint. In fact, the ratio of P-mint to D-mint MS69's for the entire statehood series is 3:1 (260 to 86) with all but 1 of those 86 coming from 2004. It must have been a good year in Denver! So if this trend were to continue, D-mint top pop examples would be the safer bet, not for moon-money mind you, just for top pop retention. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that a 68 clad quarter is going to be the top dog.

Just trying to nail a 67 is a chore.

Do you have some 8's?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    I have a single NE-D in 68 and I love this coin for two reasons. The idea of a circulation strike in such great condition appeals to me in the way finding buried treasure would. I like the design and its business strike look. Also, it seems that high grade circulation strikes offer the best long term value. I wouldn't think people would keep these in mint state as they might SF or proof strikes
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the mint set coins being satin finish now days there isn't
    the readl supply of high grade coins available. Generally speaking
    it's pretty incredible to find coins in extremely nice condition in rolls.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    I have a few 68 business strikes and the rest all 67. Hard to find and after 40,000 coins, your fingers get tired,
    Utah P was a b#tch

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file