Home Sports Talk
Options

Who Am I?

My brother Larry played one game for the Houston Astros.
Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

Comments

• Options

You knew sooner or later it was going to come up.
  • Options
    "I hit a homer in the first inning and had another homer and triple in the game. The other guys also came through, and we won, 10-2. That's one game I'll always remember."
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    I batted .316 at home in the 1979 season
  • Options
    I played in two different positions during my career, almost 50/50.
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Robin Yount
    Wondo

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Robin Yount >>

Well what do you know, one learns something new every day.

Whatever happened to Larry Yount
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    The guy that played the next door neighbor "Larry" in Threes Company? I didn't know he had a baseball career, now that is cool. image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemme guess...somebody thinks he should be in the Hall of Fame.
  • Options
    Don't forget the part about flying into County Stadium on a dirt bike, wearing a leather jacket like Fonzi!!!! hahaha
  • Options

<< <i>Robin Yount >>

Wondo got it, he wins a no-prize.

And no this is not a Robin Yount Hall of Fame drive. I don't really much opinion on who should be in the HOF and who should not. I can tell you who I liked best growing up....mostly the Royals, but I am from Kansas.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Options

<< <i>"I hit a homer in the first inning and had another homer and triple in the game. The other guys also came through, and we won, 10-2. That's one game I'll always remember." >>

This was the last game of the 1982 season.

Linky

Will try to think of another Who Am I that isn't too easy, but not too hard.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor, Robin is already in the Hall. Went in with George and some unknown pitcher.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW- I reduced that pic to avatar size in photo bucket and don't know how to get it back to message board size. It looks a lot better full sized. image
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

<< <i>Meteor, Robin is already in the Hall. Went in with George and some unknown pitcher.

image >>

Thanks for the note. Have not really followed the HOF much the last 10 years. I use to be a big TTM person, so it was a big concern of mine for some reason. I did think it strange Yount was not in the hall, with two MVPs and over a decade of dominate play.

I'll start a baseball HOF registry someday....

Clear Skies,
    Mark