Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Will this cross over

I know it's a bit of a risk - but do you think I've got a good shot at a PSA 10 with this one LINK?
Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Hard to tell from the scan. I have crossed an sgc 96 card to a psa 10. On the other hand I had an sgc 96 card that would not be a psa 8
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Thank you. Yeah - the scan isn't the best, but I decided to take a shot at it anyways.
    Jeff
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I do not believe it will cross over to a PSA 10 because I don't believe that PSA grades the 84 Nestle's anymore. Supposedly, all the 84 Nestle's were issued in sheets, and any singles are "sheet cut" but not by the manufacturer, so PSA won't grade them.

I don't post this with authority though, as I'm only repeating what I've read in the past.

Take care,

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭
    what Mike said
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I do not believe it will cross over to a PSA 10 because I don't believe that PSA grades the 84 Nestle's anymore. Supposedly, all the 84 Nestle's were issued in sheets, and any singles are "sheet cut" but not by the manufacturer, so PSA won't grade them.

I don't post this with authority though, as I'm only repeating what I've read in the past.

Take care,

Mike >>

Just found where I read it: see the thread here
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts.
    Jeff
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts. >>

Would this be a good time for a smart-ass 'buy the card, not the holder' remark, or should we put that snappy little line on ice for a bit?
  • Options
    No - it's true. I do appreciate the info (as much as it hurts in this case) - but that's why I post questions for the board members.
    Jeff
  • Options
    While we're on the topic - anyone know anything about this B&W variation LINK?
    Jeff
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I think you've got a fantastic card in the best looking holder. I don't think you got kicked in the nuts on this one even if the case doesn't match most of your collection.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I would question the authenticity on the black and white card. I too think you'll get your money back out of the Mattingly. PSA will grade hand cut cards now so you may just need to try to sweet talk their CS reps.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Your card looks great in the black SGC holder, but It does suck that PSA doesn't grade these anymore. I've got several I want slabbed.

I would also stay away from the BW version, it just looks fishy to me. JMO
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15