Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

My Canadian small cents folder (big pics)

I dont do a lot of posting on the dark side, but my first collection since I was a kid was Canadian small cents. Guess its easy to see the time frame which I did it by the last coin in the collection.

Page 1

I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

Comments

• direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    Page 2

I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

Page 3

• bosoxbosox Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool, that same Whitman folder contained my first coin collection as well, albeit a few years before you completed yours.
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never had one of those folders, but if I'd come across one as a kid, I'd have had a lot of fun with it.

Not quite as easy to come by Canadian cents in circulation here in the South, though we do get a few.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    This one is from the south too... I just got lucky and had a friend who was big into forein coins when we were neighbors in the 90's. Had to sort through them all but he gave me every coin in collection except for the 5 key dates.

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    I started Canadian Cents in the same blue Whitman folders as a kid with my grandparents shortly after expanding from U.S. cents, nickels, dimes, & quarters, but I'm still missing a key daye or two........ CONGRATS on your collection !

I can likely help out with some of the post-'00 cents, if you'd like!

- - Daveimage

<< <i>
    I can likely help out with some of the post-'00 cents, if you'd like!

- - Daveimage >>

That would be great if you have any of the newer fillers that I'm missing PM me. I'm willing to paypal you for them. image

• << <i>This one is from the south too... I just got lucky and had a friend who was big into forein coins when we were neighbors in the 90's. Had to sort through them all but he gave me every coin in collection except for the 5 key dates. >>

ahhh, I remember those days, well!!! Drop me a PM sometime, dude.
    I'm not afraid to die
    I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it

<< <i>

<< <i>This one is from the south too... I just got lucky and had a friend who was big into forein coins when we were neighbors in the 90's. Had to sort through them all but he gave me every coin in collection except for the 5 key dates. >>

ahhh, I remember those days, well!!! Drop me a PM sometime, dude. >>

Speaking of... here is my gracious friend now. image

Wow odd. I've ran into my two best friends who moved away to other states years ago now on the CU boards.

Check your PM's.

Any other "closet Whitman Folder" collectors out there who need similar help catching up on some dates, or who have extras to help others catch up with? Maybe we can generate a little "mini-exchange" program to help each other out! Maybe set up a mini-list of who has/needs what recent (and older) dates?

I'm putting a few Canadian extras together to help direwolf1972 catch up. I'll try to put my other extras in a list and create a separate post with it soon.....................

- - Daveimage
  • ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Shoot I would be willing to buy any Canadian albums that people have. I prefer Albums over folders, but folders will do. Right now I'm in need of nickel and 25 cent albums. I did manage to find a brand new Whitman Canadian 50 cent album on ebay. Apparently they are making them again. Nice folder to.
    Todd
    A good source for new & used Whitman folders & Albums (and other brands, too) at reasonable prices is: CHIEF Coins, out of Oshkosh, WI ! image

• << <i>This one is from the south too... I just got lucky and had a friend who was big into forein coins when we were neighbors in the 90's. Had to sort through them all but he gave me every coin in collection except for the 5 key dates. >>

Saying Kuhli was big into forgien, Is like a beach has a few grains of sand. Good to see your still messing about with coins. Its great to see you arround. Hope everyone is doing good up that way. I still have my small cents here somewhere.

"I am sorry you are unhappy with the care you recieved, is their anything I can do for you right now, how about some high speed lead therapy?" - A qoute from my wife's nursing forum

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." – Thomas Jefferson
  • OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    I am putting together a Canadian nickel set. I come across cents and dimes all the time. I watch for DBSTrader2's post and add to it. STFU let me know if you still need any help with the newer cents. I am sure we can find them.
  • DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    I've got good news for you sentimental collectors:

Whitman is bringing back its line of Canadian coin folders!

Watch for them in a few weeks.

I sent them an email last week and they said by the end of February that they would be out. I already have the Candian 50 cent Album. Not sure how the guy got it, but now I have it image
    Todd
    ALBUMS, or FOLDERS?!
    Albums.
  • I keep hearing rumors Dansco will have a series of Canadian albums, but so far nothing for sale... I am holding out for them.

I have my grandfather's complete small cent collection, 1920-1972, that I want to bring up to date. I know I have several of the newer ones, but there are probably a lot of holes to fill from 1990 on.
    RATS!! I was hoping for Folders!!image
    Folders? Well I guess to each his own! I love Albums because you get to see both sides of the coin. Just looks better to me. I do have some folder though and I like them to. Oh well.... maybe they will have both!
    Todd
    I started collecting as a youngster with my grandparents in the blue folders and never really graduated past that - - it's just a reminder to me of those early times & innocent goals behind collecting, and a connection to my Grandparents.............image
  • DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    Whitman is bringing back its line of Canadian coin folders in the traditional "Whitman blue," starting with a dozen different in these series:

Large Cents
    Small Cents
    25-Cents
    Dollars

They will be available online and in bookstores and hobby supply shops in a few weeks.

You forot the 50 cent album.... image I must have gotten an early release one. I think the guy may have one more. He wanted 24.99 for it but I made him an offer under that and he took it.
    Here is the one I won. Canadian 50 Cent Album
    Todd
  • I have an old Whitman large cent ALBUM, similar in style to the Dansco albums. It's used, but in pretty fair condition. If anyone is interested in it, let me know. Don't know what they go for, but I'd probably take $3 plus postage for it. I also still have rolls and rolls of small cents from '37 through the '70s, plus a pile of newer stuff from change, so I can probably help fill holes for anyone who has a list of wants.
    I'm not afraid to die
    I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it

PM Sent
    Todd
  • rec78rec78 Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ASUtodd
    I think that is a NOS (NEW-OLD STOCK) album and not a new issue-- I have one of them and the copyright date is 1989. Bob