Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A simple TTM index card idea. (Ozzie Smith & Joe Medwick cut sig added)

As many of you know, I have been doing through the mail autos for nearly a year. I do mostly Cardinals. Every time that I send a card out to be signed I always send at least one and sometimes two index cards to be signed as well. I just love the simplicity of a signed index card. I have dozens and dozens of them. Well, I got to thinking about doing something very simple in order to make them a little more attractive. Nothing major, just something simple. Here is what I have come up with.

I thought about just printing a Cardinals logo somewhere on the card to add just a little bit to it. I did a little research and dug up every Cardinals logo from every era. I ended up using the appropriate logo for the player that signed. The first logo is from 1929 to 1948. The second logo is from 1949 to 1955. The third logo is from 1956 to 1966. The fourth logo is from 1967 to 1997. I don't have the fourth logo picture below (1998 to present) because I don't have any index cards from the modern players. Some will sign trading cards, but I have yet to get a signed index card from an active player. Anyway, I absolutely love what I have come up with. I would just like to see what you guys think.

I have pictured a duplicate of each index card - one without the logo and the second with the logo. I just used a simple HP photo printer to do this with.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    I like it. It will also help some guy 75 years from now figure out who the signature is.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Opps...didn't answer the question. I would use the logo that goes with the players' playing time.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Great idea! Those look very nice
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    <Opps...didn't answer the question. I would use the logo that goes with the players' playing time>

agree-that will help narrow it down to an era one of these days if they arent dated,image
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. (That was disguised as a bump image )

Shane

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    That's a great Idea. They look great with the era correct logo.

Great stuff
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    This site has all the logos you would ever need.

I made this one a few years ago. I have some better looking ones that I started making this past summer. I will scan a few of those tonight

edit: fixed the link
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Yep. That's where I got my logos. Very nice index card, by the way. Did he sign it first, or did you print everything after he signed it? With mine, all of these were signed first, and then I printed the logo. It amazes me that something so simple can make such a difference. I like the idea of a simple signed index card, but adding something as simple as a logo or a helmet really adds to it.

Shane

• Options
    The Roetlisberger was printed and sent to him that way. For TTM stuff I print it out first, that way I can force where they sign on the card.

The other variety, which I will scan and post tonight was done both ways. Explaining that one won't make sense without images.

Commissions

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Frank, Great Idea ! I agree the Ic's are a lot more attractive with the logo's.
    I have heard some modern players have actually been told not to sign IC's because of fear of identity theft.

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    looks good
    i like the 1956 to 1966 logo best
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    I think they look great with the logos - good idea image
  • Options
    These are the ones I have printing to send out TTM. I always print the team logo out at about 35% opacity with photoshop, so that it has a faded look to it and can be written over with a sharpie or a ball point.
    The only problem with this, is what happened to Steve Blass. Him and few other guys have signed elsewhere on the IC thinking they weren't supposed to sign on the logo. I can't complain too much since technically they were trying to do what they thought I wanted. Plus, they can write small neatly, so its not too bad. I will now be adding one of those small SIGN HERE stickers on the IC.

Now, when I go to games to get autos IP, I don't want to print a card out of every player, since that is time consuming. So I just print out the faded logo. When I get home, I go back into photoshop and add the players name and picture to other side of the card. Works really well.

Commissions

• Options
    Those are very, very nice. I love the light logo and the player signing over it, however, I can see the problem with the player thinking that the sender might not want it that way.

Shane

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    all of those look fantastic - great job guys

• Options
    What are your thoughts on this? I recently got this one in a collection. I am thinking about cutting out the signature and pasting it to an index card with a logo. I think I like the simplicity of it rather than with his picture. If the picture was from his playing days, I might think differently.

Shane

• Options
    since its already a cut, i don't see any reason why not to.

Commissions

• Options
    Well, here it is. This is what I come up with after a lot of trial and error. I like the simplicity of it.

Shane

• Options

Commissions

• Options
    I had a piece of paper signed by Ozzie Smith. I decided to make a cut signature out of it. Here it is.

Shane