Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

this just isn't sitting right with me. ebay item

this is the 3rd one of these this seller has sold in the past month or so. i bought the second one and received it. i have never seen these before so i can't compare it to anything. to me the card looks very low in quality in hand.

the seller has used the same picture in all three auctions too. i sent them a question regarding the # on the reverse... we'll see if it's the same as mine.

i know i know, they have perfect feedback.... still feels odd to me.

Champ Bailey Auto Card

anyone have anything to say to put my fears to rest?
White Whales:
1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter

Comments

• Options
    That's my cousin!

:-)
  • Options

<< <i>this is the 3rd one of these this seller has sold in the past month or so. i bought the second one and received it. i have never seen these before so i can't compare it to anything. to me the card looks very low in quality in hand.

the seller has used the same picture in all three auctions too. i sent them a question regarding the # on the reverse... we'll see if it's the same as mine.

i know i know, they have perfect feedback.... still feels odd to me.

Champ Bailey Auto Card

anyone have anything to say to put my fears to rest? >>

Over 5000 feedback and 100% I would not worry. They are likely using the same image as you noted, which is perhaps a little wrong (I wouldn't do or suggest that0 but I imagine they just had more then 1.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

<< <i>to me the card looks very low in quality in hand. >>

What do you mean? You think the card is fake? Those cards are made to feel like wood if that is what you mean. I see no point in faking those. If they made 100 of them I would not find it odd for someone to have 3, but if he had 103 then I may worry a little.
  • Options
    I once pulled three Topps Total Marquise Hill auto's from three boxes. So this weird stuff can happen.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options

<< <i>

What do you mean? You think the card is fake? Those cards are made to feel like wood if that is what you mean. I see no point in faking those. If they made 100 of them I would not find it odd for someone to have 3, but if he had 103 then I may worry a little. >>

yeah, kinda feels like balsa wood. glad to hear it is supposed to be that way. thanks!

i probably wouldn't have even thought to question it if the seller had simply taken the time to take a different scan of each card. they already emailed me back and the serial number is different than the one i have.

all these ebay scams have me paranoid i guess...
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options

<< <i>That's my cousin!

:-) >>

The football guy on that lame card or the guy screaming at the bidders? image