Home U.S. Coin Forum

A warning regarding gold.......

Comments

• Doom-and-gloomers....only been following gold six years....

Nonetheless, higher prices are a-coming....
    Spare your best friend's life!! Adopt an adult dog at your local "kill" animal shelter. You will be changed.
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the link.

Could be that the gold stocks are not rising because more are purchasing the metal and taking delivery? There has been much concern and previous posts about holding paper in any form.... including gold stocks. >>

Exactly. Most of the miners have sold forward positions or are short.

It's hard to get as excited about them when the bed they made was
    at $400 gold.
    Tempus fugit.
  • tincuptincup Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link.

Could be that the gold stocks are not rising because more are purchasing the metal and taking delivery? There has been much concern and previous posts about holding paper in any form.... including gold stocks.
    ----- kj
  • CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭
    Man, that Twilight Zone thing of answers being posted before the question really gets me. image
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Man, that Twilight Zone thing of answers being posted before the question really gets me. >>

Boy some body needs to reset some clocks this is getting wacky.

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A warning regarding gold.....

"you better buy more, while it's still cheap!!"
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks for the link.

Could be that the gold stocks are not rising because more are purchasing the metal and taking delivery? There has been much concern and previous posts about holding paper in any form.... including gold stocks. >>

Exactly. Most of the miners have sold forward positions or are short.

It's hard to get as excited about them when the bed they made was
    at $400 gold. >>

Preceisely. Well...exactly...might not be $400 gold, but sure wasn't $900 gold.

And just watch if relaxed delivery requirements and similar on the exchanges hit the breaking point should that become a concern. There is a world of difference between holding a piece of paper or virtual paper and having the hard asset in your hands.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be that the gold stocks are not rising because more are purchasing the metal and taking delivery? There has been much concern and previous posts about holding paper in any form.... including gold stocks.

WHAMMO!!! Why did bright lights and bells just go off inside my head?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • theumptheump Posts: 634 ✭✭
    Folks:

You are missing the point. I am long term gold bullish, I think it goes well over $1600. I just think, given the action of the gold stocks, we could be in for a correction. COULD BE, not definetly.
  • If I'm not mistaken, it was recently reported that several of the gold mining companies that had sold forward at lower prices have closed that position within the last 30 days.

FloridaBill
  • MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    Right now a nice correction would be great.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • GrivGriv Posts: 2,804

<< <i>Linky.... >>

I would have thought you to know better. This article is not only stupid but gave me cramps. I hate to read these stupid articles by morons that just woke up yesterday and realized that gold wasn't just something to fill their teeth or to be bling around your neck. Witness MSNBC and their awakening the other day in which dozens of members here accurately predicted the sell off and then what happens???? BOOM! Gold is off again to break new records.

Silver........$4.64 per oz
    Gold.........$362 per oz
    Platinum...$600 per oz

So, how many of you were listening? Let me recap today's close.

Silver........$16.70 per oz (360% increase)
    Gold.........$928 per oz (260% increase)
    Platinum...$1,721 per oz (a paltry 287% increase)

So, what’s in YOUR wallet?
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Recent margin increases means they don't want you to pick it up--------------------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • theumptheump Posts: 634 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Linky.... >>

I would have thought you to know better. This article is not only stupid but gave me cramps. I hate to read these stupid articles by morons that just woke up yesterday and realized that gold wasn't just something to fill their teeth or to be bling around your neck. Witness MSNBC and their awakening the other day in which dozens of members here accurately predicted the sell off and then what happens???? BOOM! Gold is off again to break new records.

Silver........$4.64 per oz
    Gold.........$362 per oz
    Platinum...$600 per oz

So, how many of you were listening? Let me recap today's close.

Silver........$16.70 per oz (360% increase)
    Gold.........$928 per oz (260% increase)
    Platinum...$1,721 per oz (a paltry 287% increase)

So, what’s in YOUR wallet? >>

So what is your point? I got into gold slightly after you did around six years ago. I am not saying the story is over, only that we might be having a correction based on prior observation of the gold stocks.

Do you really think the price is only going to go straight up without any correction? Did I say sell your bullion? I am on record having said that we go to at least $1600.
  • GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    << So what is your point? I got into gold slightly after you did around six years ago. I am not saying the story is over, only that we might be having a correction based on prior observation of the gold stocks.>>

Not to worry as this isn't any kind of attack or indictment on you. I just thought your comment of doubt, especially considering your experience in the market warranted at least a rebuttal. Maybe my absolute bullish position on gold is foolish and I am overly critical of other bullish collector/buyers that express any doubt.

I apologize for that. As a man driven by my passions I am often in the wrong but with the Lord’s help I am more right that wrong. Oh yeah, it still amazes me too. image
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    Gold up 31 % last year ..just enjoy the ride ..similar move to 1980 top..a rocket rise up coming in Gold..for what ever reason
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold up 31 % last year ..just enjoy the ride ..similar move to 1980 top.. >>

This rise will not prove to be similar to '80s once all is said and done. Most nay-sayers will be shocked at how long this run lasts, is my bet.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Most majors have been closing these positions for the last 4 years. So it's anyone's guess how many exist today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file