Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's your track record with sending PSA graded cards in for review?

I know that most folks say crack-resubmit is the way to go, but I wanted to see what people's experiences have been with actually sending it in-slab for review.
My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• Options
    My several BVG and SGC crossover subs (equal grades) always went well.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    THUMBS DOWN.. gotta crack..
    they will find a reason to defend the grade.. which i understand..
    who wants to admit they did a bad job?
  • Options
    Good day,
    One time I found a Vending box of 1966 Batman Black Bat, sent in a couple of hundred, got back what I thought was a larger than justified amount of 8's. The last lot of 20 that were shipped to me were 19 each 8's and 1 MINT 9, and they were all in the wrong numbered holders. So I sent tham back and talked to Laura Rosenberg and explained I thought it was BS that I had so many 8's out of the lot and when the mechanical error's were fixed I wanted them reviewed. So she agrees and after a couple of months she tell me she sat down with a Senior Grader, he re-looked at them all and all of them stood as 8's. So over the next year I cracked out all 19 and put 3-4 in each sub I sent in. Out of the 19 cards, 16 came back as MINT 9's and 3 came back as 8's.
    Never, and I mean Never go for a Review, you might as well just send me the money !!!!!
    neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    thedutymon,
    Amen brother. Just send them the check before you review or cross over. I'm like 1 for 15 with SGC 88's and GAI 8 and 8.5's and my minimum grade was a 8 not a 9. Just to add-the cards were not trimmed. They said all of the cards were 7's. I also argued and got the CS rep you named to bring them to the head grader twice. The cards I sent in were vintage star cards that were strong for the grade. Many of the cards were in a PSA holder at one time. The whole cross over thing is a hoax for the most part.
    Mickey71image
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    I've sent in over 150 cards using the review process in the past year or two, and received approx. 20-25% full grade bumps. I am very picky as to what I send in, and go through my own grading process prior to sending. I do the same for crack and resub, but usually use reviews for the more expensive, or low pop cards that I don't want to risk cracking. The negatives with crack and resub is that your cards can come back graded lower or deemed to be trimmed altered.

Highest % of success was getting PSA 9 to PSA 10. I have had cards bump from years 1935-2001. The 1935 card was a PSA 6 to PSA 7.

Here is one example that I still have the "old" scan for. As you can see, the cert # stays the same, they just update it in the database, subtract the 9 and add the 10.

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.