Home Stamps Forum
Options

What to do with this 1928 cataloge of Stamps....

I bought a collection of coins the other day and with it came a very old stamp cataloge that was copywrighted from 1928. It is hundreds of pages and was put together by a gentleman in the 30's and 40's. The front section is all US but ends around the 1930's . The susequent 300 pages are of World. Now I am not a stamp collector and can share with you all I know about stamps in a 100 words or less, but there is some very fasinating stuff here. There are countless stamps in both used and unused condition throughout the book. I have had other books from collections before but I have never seen one with so much varied stuff. Problem is I do not know what to do with it.

It took me almost 2 hours just to look through all the pages. It is full of stamps from countires that don't even exsist anymore. Please give me advice on where to start. I really do not want to start collecting, even though I do have a few zepplins and covers that I will always hold onto. But what is the smartest thing to do with the rest?

Comments