Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's the largest card set?

1972 Topps baseball is 787 cards which is to my knowledge the largest numbered card set up to that time. I'm not too familiar with modern card sets. Did any numbered sets surpass that?

Comments

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Topps Total around 2000 had well over 1000 cards.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

1989 Upper Deck has 800 cards in the set.
    Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options
    Starting in 1982 I believe there were 792.2002 Topps Total had 990 cards
  • Options
    The 1999 Topps Tek set "teknically" (sorry...) had 2,700 cards in the set if you were going for a master set.

There were 45 players featured in a home and away jersey for a total of 90 cards. However, each card had 30 different design patterns.
  • Options
    I did a search and came across this story from last week. As of February 5, there will be a new king:

The Upper Deck Company will soon be unveiling what it calls "the largest baseball trading card set ever produced."

The Yankee Stadium Legacy set, a 6,500-card compilation chronicling every single game ever played at the famous “House That Ruth Built,” will begin its official debut through inserts in the company’s 2008 Series 1 Baseball, scheduled to hit store shelves on February 5.

link
  • Options
    How could I forget UD 40-Man with a checklist of only 1,184 cards...
  • Options
    I am a fountain of info today.

2006 UD Baseball Series I & II: 1,000 cards
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    If my memory is clear this morning Score had a set with over 800 cards in the early 90's...in fact it may have been 1990 Frank Thomas's rookie year
  • Options

<< <i>If my memory is clear this morning Score had a set with over 800 cards in the early 90's...in fact it may have been 1990 Frank Thomas's rookie year >>

1988 Score 660
    1989 Score 660
    1990 Score 704
    1991 Score 893
    1992 Score 910
    1993 Score 660
    1994 Score 660
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    1887 Old Judge set the standard for large sets - there are over 2,000 known poses!
  • Options
    Not sure of the exact amount, but the 2006 Upper Deck Special F/X set has over 1,000 cards.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I did a search and came across this story from last week. As of February 5, there will be a new king:

The Upper Deck Company will soon be unveiling what it calls "the largest baseball trading card set ever produced."

The Yankee Stadium Legacy set, a 6,500-card compilation chronicling every single game ever played at the famous “House That Ruth Built,” will begin its official debut through inserts in the company’s 2008 Series 1 Baseball, scheduled to hit store shelves on February 5.

link >>

I think I just...threw up in my mouth....a lil'
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I did a search and came across this story from last week. As of February 5, there will be a new king:

link >>

that set will look great in a binder
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I did a search and came across this story from last week. As of February 5, there will be a new king:

The Yankee Stadium Legacy set, a 6,500-card compilation chronicling every single game ever played at the famous “House That Ruth Built,” will begin its official debut through inserts in the company’s 2008 Series 1 Baseball, scheduled to hit store shelves on February 5. >>

What do you bet it's a crap set like the 2007 SPx Ripken 1 of 1's. 100 different cards, but they made them 1/1's by putting a little box score sticker on the front for each of Cal's 2632 streak games. They even copped out in the base 100 cards by recycling images throughout, couldn't even come up with 100 different pics.