Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Sending my Nolan Ryan rookie into his foundation tomorrow

I'm mailing out my Ryan rookie to his foundation tomorrow to have signed. Hopefully it will make it there OK. Ripkenintheminors, did they ever find yours yet?? That is causing me some concern. Hopefully they don't have an employee at the foundation that has a nice large collection of Ryan rookies image I'll post a scan up once I get it signed.

Mike

Here's the card pre-signature, it was graded a 3 and I cracked it out.

Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• image hope it makes it back to you.
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Fantastic. Please follow-up with us either way!
  • Mike,

If you live in Waxahachie I would suggest just making the drive there and dropping it off in person. It's less than 4 hours from where you're at and you could also check out the museum while you're there. I've been many times and it's pretty cool!

David
  • As of right now it never arrived.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Rip

Didn't you just send yours in the other day?

nav good luck on your quest.

Steve
    Good for you.

• << <i>As of right now it never arrived. >>

What's the story with it? Do they acknowledge receiving it? Do they say it was mailed?
  • I believe the insurance stub says that it was sent January 9th. I'm pretty sure it'll be three weeks this Wednesday. In any case, the folks at the Foundation have told me that the envelope never arrived. FWIW I enclosed my phone number in the package. With that being said, and considering the fact that I have called multiple times, I'd like to think that they would've called had it arrived.

I hope this isn't a regular occurance on stuff sent to the Foundation.
  • That would be a great card to have signed, hope everything goes well. You should try to get the other guy to sign it too, is he still living? I am not to familiar with Baseball. So, good luck, and I look forward to seing the finished result! image

Giovanni
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    David,

I won't have a chance to go anytime soon, but I would like to go to the museum one day. Is it large?? Is it all Nolan or does it have other things as well. Does it have any interactive things to do that would keep my 10 year old son entertained? (he doesn't know much of Nolan other than he probably just thinks he is the old guy who did a few commercials he's seen).

Mike
  • Hey, Waxahachie...my dad used to live in Midlothian. I've been through there many times when I visited him. He lives in Ennis now, but is actually moving to Lafayette, LA. Okay, sorry to get off topic. One card that has always eluded me is Nolan's rookie. I don't like to spend a lot on 1 card. I have mostly accumulated my collection through packs, and, well, I've never pulled a Nolan rookie from a pack. Maybe one day I'll break down and buy one.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Why mail it off when you can just drive to Dallas on Feb. 9 and have him sign it for free?

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • *exhale*

Just spoke to the rep at the NRF and she informed me that the card arrived!
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

For what it's worth, the card I sent to the NRF in December '06 took more than 3 months to get back to me... It may be a bit of a wait, but considering what other much lesser players charge for their sigs, it's one hell of a good deal.

<< <i>Why mail it off when you can just drive to Dallas on Feb. 9 and have him sign it for free?

Ron >>

Aarrgggghhhh,

Wish I had seen this before I dropped it at the post office this AM. Where is he going to be at?

Mike
  • Part of me is saying that I should've got something signed for a friend of mine. He is a big time fan of Nolan. When I moved a few years ago I gave him a Upper Deck card featuring Nolan in a Mets jersey. The card was signed on card and has a piece of a Mets jersey.
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭
    That's a good-looking 3.
    I have a 4 that doesn't look that good.
    It's a nice 3, but if you look at the area between the Ryan and the dot, you will see a surface wrinkle that you can see when the card is viewed from an angle. Still a nice card though.

Mike
  • When I was about 13 years old I got Nolan Ryan to sign a game program in person at an Astros-Reds game. He wasn't pitching that day and was just hanging out in the bullpen before the game. I walked up and asked him to sign and he signed for me and one other kid that was there. It was one of my most fond baseball memories.
    Ripkenintheminors,

Glad yours made it there OK, I called today to make sure they got mine and they got it Wednesday so hopefully we'll get them signed about the same time. I also bought another one on ebay a few minutes ago. I'll be sending it as well. Not in nearly as good of condition as my other one, but I couldn't turn down the chance at $55.xx, but should make for some nice trade bait down the road.

I bid on a signed 63 Rose rookie a couple of nights ago and ended up $5.00 short. Oh well, maybe next time. Take care,

Mike
  • Wow, that's a great price!
    Got one of mine back today from the foundation. Turned out quite nice.

Mike

• ripkenintheminorsripkenintheminors Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully this is a sign that I'll be getting mine back this week as well.

<< <i>Hopefully this is a sign that I'll be getting mine back this week as well. >>

I talked to Ryan foundation a couple days ago, they told me that Ryan DID NOT sign everything. He signed one of the rookie cards I sent, but did not sign the other one. They said the 2nd one would be signed probably in late July. She said she is swamped with shipping and is processing orders as fast as their small staff allows. If you call them, they have a list that shows the signed/unsigned items and you can find out if yours made it or not. I asked her to move mine up on the shipping list and she said she would and I had it two days later. Hope this info helps,

Take care,

Mike

Yikes, thanks for the info. I have thought about calling them this week but never really had a chance to check in. I hate to complain or anything about it, especially considering the price, but it has been nearly 4 months.
    Just got word from the Foundation that my card was included in the last signing. Not sure when it will get shipped, but I'm thrilled that I won't have to wait until July.
    After giving a couple of weeks I decided to check back with the Foundation to make sure the card wasn't lost. They told me that they still had not sent it out but would try to get it out before leaving today. This project has definitely taken a lot longer than anticipated.