Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

How to use an OTT light and a German Thaler as Darkside Bait

Comments

• Options
    I've been lured image

To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Thaler image I use OTT lites exclusively, as well.
  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice Thaler image I use OTT lites exclusively, as well. >>

You were the reason I went and got one - your Thread was the inspiration.
  • Options
    Thanks, Jeff image I hope you don't regret it. Are you looking for a macro lens now?
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks, Jeff image I hope you don't regret it. Are you looking for a macro lens now? >>

I think I'm going to buy the Rebel XTi first. I've been borrowing my wife's Camera (the Powershot SI2 I got her for Christmas 2 years ago)

I've also been debating trying to muy the Canon 100mm Macro lens first from eBay (and the buy the camera) Both together is a whole lot of $$$ at one time. The macro might also work on the point-and-shoot so I cn try it first.

Not sure what to do.

I'm just really happy (but not completely) with my current pics - they are a remarkable improvement over my old ones... (from my Sony 1.3MP from six years ago)

I use the RemoteCamera software with my wife's Powershot SI2 and I can see the focus and avoid the shake - that seems to help alot already...
  • Options

<< <i>I've been lured image

image >>

Send SilverEagles the COOKIES fast !!!!
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    I knew you had a spanking coming.....image

Frankly, the Ott's are somewhat akin to PS cameras. There's no learning curve per se in fiddling with WB, F-stops, etc.

Me? I'm leaving all imaging to MG until I decide to upgrade my old tech. camera.

BTW, nice colours on that taler.image
  • Options
  • Options
    Roman,

If you haven't tried the RemoteCapture software with your Canon, it's awesome. Works through the USB cord and you can see the focus, etc. And the 'Release' has a couple second timed delay.

I'm using it with the wife's Powershot SI2

DARN THOSE COOKIES LOOK GOOD.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Mmmmmmmmmm..........yummmmmmmmy!!!!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Jeff, being on Windows Vista I wasn't able to get it to work when I tried it. I should try it again, perhaps they released updated software.
  • Options
    I installed it on my new Acer Laptop with Windows Vista. I think I also downloaded the update.

Actually, I found the entire software package online (that was a difficult) but it works on Vista!
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    No bait needed.....I just jump at the words 'german taler'.

Nice pic!
  • Options
    Looks like my Liteside bait is working...

We got another one.