Home Sports Talk
Options

Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel's Sunday Super Bowl Article...

..was on, what else? The 1972 Dolphins!!!
Get over it South Florida!! Will it ever end?

Comments

• Options
    They have one week to bask in the glory of what once was because shortly they will be bowing to what is.....19-0!
  • Options
    I want the Pats to win to forevers shut up those idiot dolphin fans/players. Give it a rest! Records were made to be broken.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got no problem with those old Dolphin players wanting to remain the only undefeated team, I really dont mind those old timers hanging on to that but my question is what ever happened to "old school"? Oold School guys would keep their emotions in check and not run their mouths to the point of most everyone getting sick of it! I bet if they kept quiet, more people would be on their sides.

Speaking of an "old school" guy who made a complete jerk of himself, any of you see the blog of Earl Campbell a few weeks back? He ran his mouth saying the Patriots should not be allowed in the playoffs this year! He also stated he thought all their Super Bowl wins should be erased! Talk about a letdown, I used to love that guy but since that episode of diahrea of the mouth I lost all respect for him.

Edit.. Thank You Barry! image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got no problem with those old Dolphin players wanting to remain the only winless team >>

I think you meant to say the only undefeated team.

The only winless team designation rightfully and deservedly belongs to the Yuks.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I got no problem with those old Dolphin players wanting to remain the only winless team >>

I think you meant to say the only undefeated team.

The only winless team designation rightfully and deservedly belongs to the Yuks.

image >>

image You are correct B! My bad............ Im going to edit as soon as I finish here...
  • Options
    I meant no disrespect to the YUCS! For my mistake here is a nice little article in their honor..

While discussing some of the worst NFL teams of all time, the first one that always comes to my mind is the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Not only because they failed to post a win the entire season, but because of the way they did it.

The Bucs were shut out five times in 14 games and were outscored 412-125 on the season. The offense averaged an anemic 77 yards per game on the ground and 137 passing yards per game.

All the blame could not be placed on the offense though. The defense was run over by virtually every team they played, giving up an average of over 170 yards on the ground and 340 total net yards per game.

The Buccaneers were not only good at losing, but they were good at losing big. The average margin of victory for the opposition was 20.5 points per game, and four times during the course of the season the competition scored 40 points or better.

The Bucs' infamous statistics are listed below. Take a look and I think you will agree that the '76 Buccaneers are possibly the most pitiful team to take the field in the NFL.