Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Cross-over giveaway <Grades and Winner posted - mcheath!!>

See below for the update and grades!

Ladies and gentlemen, step right up! Try your luck at winning this genuine Canadian Dollar from the year of our fathers - 1939. Graded by the finest grading company in Newport Beach - PCGS - as MS62.

All you have to do is try and guess 2 things about the cross-over submission I currently have at PCGS:

1. When the grades will be posted
2. New grades assigned

If you guess any of the new grades or the date grades get posted - you will be added to the drawing. If you happen to guess everything correctly - you win a better date 1938 Canadian Dollar in PCGS AU58 in addition to the 1839. In case of a tie, I'll have to enlist the help of my girlfriend to pick the winner image

There will also be a secret "participation" prize to a person selected out of those that didn't guess at least one of the grades.

This drawing ends when grades are posted!

Now, here's some information to help you make an educated guess. First, the cross-overs arrived at PCGS on 1/10. Estimated turn-around time on the submission form is 15 business days. There are 2 attributions, however: Provenance for one coin and Variety for another.

The coins are as follows:

1. 1824 C.A.R. 8 Reales - NGC AU50 - S.M.Damon collection (obv, rev) - PCGS 53
2. 1809 Mexico 8 Reales - NGC AU58 (obv, rev) - PCGS 58
3. 1814 Guadalajara 8 Reales - NGC AU50 (both) - PCGS 45
4. 1842 Mexico 8 Reales - ANACS AU53 - Type I, Medal Alignment, Pre-1842 reverse die. (old pic) - PCGS Body Bag - Altered Surfaces
5. 1772 Baden Thaler - ANACS 45 (obv, rev) - PCGS 45

Here's the prize:

imageimage

Good luck!

Update: 02/15/2008 - Grades are now posted!

Noone guessed the exact date, but pretty much everyone guessed at least 1 cross-over grade, so I will put everyone's name in the hat and have my girlfriend draw the winner tonight! It's pretty impressive that so many were able to get accurate grades from images - give yourself a nice big pat on the back! You guys rock image

There are two entries (not counting Marcel, that is) that didn't hit at least one of the grades. Both of those posters will receive a "participation" prize, so Omega and Dawg144 - I need your mailing addresses image I'll send you PM's tonight.

Thank you all for playing and for being patient! Until tonight, then!

Comments