Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Hey LordM!!! I need YOU!!! The chicken needs you!!

Because you made cuddles with the rubber chicken last spring, he has found something for the holey coin vest. The chicken would like to send this to you, but he needs your address. Please PM me with it!!! I told the chicken LordM doesn't want any Modern Crap so this is what he came up with!

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the chicken ate it and then, well, you know...
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like the chicken ate it and then, well, you know... >>

So it's a little crusty, it's old!!! and so are you!!! imageimageimage
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• << <i>

<< <i>Looks like the chicken ate it and then, well, you know... >>

So it's a little crusty, it's old!!! and so are you!!! imageimageimage >>

Hey...wait a cotton' pickin' moment here...

I resemble that remark!!! image

...and Marty...findin' something like that for LM...that's really nice...

...you and that chicken are pretty cool...

...no matter what 'they' say...image

Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Hmm, I believe this piece should be a silver coin (maybe just a bit smaller in size than a half dollar), so I'm thinking contemporary counterfeit. In the 1700's and early 1800's, it wasn't uncommon for the larger silver coins to receive the counterfeit treatment-- brass or copper undercore, with silver coating. First one I've seen of this type of Dutch 6 Stuivers though
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why, thankee, Mad One. And give the chicken smoe smoochies fer me.

Better send it fast, though, 'cause the chicken is gonna be might pizzed off at me when he sees what we did with the MadMarty weenie slab y'all gave me in Charlotte! We had smoe fun with it at the Macon show!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.