Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Weights on unweighted sets?

Does anyone know when they plan to add weights to the unweighted sets? Next week, next month, next year?

Robert
Looking for:
Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
High grade Redskins (pre 1980)

Comments

• VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    It was discussed and agreed that adding new sets took priority over wighting them. Hopefully as we get further down the list on sets, PSA will see fit to start weighting the sets that have been on the Registry for awhile.
  • carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Vargha,

From what I remember...There were two people involved here. One person was to build the set (BJ with help from people like you) and someone else was going to weight the set. The weighting of the sets was not going to stop altogether. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm sure I remember someone saying that.

Carlos
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I don't know how much help PSA got on building the databases. I am now retired from that arena. I believe Joe Orlando was the only person who was going to be doing set weights though, so I am not sure why he hasn't been doing his usual one per month pace.
    Vargha,

I believe Joe Orlando was the only person who was going to be doing set weights though, so I am not sure why he hasn't been doing his usual one per month pace.

That's it...It was Joe Orlando, and I think the pace was 2 per month. So he is a little behind schedule.

Carlos
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Is Orlando still the head Set Registry "weighter" after the recent shake-up at PSA (e.g. Rocchi and Baker leaving, Orlando and others getting promoted, etc.)
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
    Here is an email I received from BJ about the Set Weights and Joe Orlando...

Joe will eventually begin weighting again, but probably not for at least another month or two. He is organizing PSA and running the show as well as still managing the SMR, so his plate is extremely full right now. Your patience is appreciated as he works through his new job responsibilities. I promise that you and all set registrants will benefit from Joe's hard work.

At least sets are being added. Good job BJ and Good Luck Joe.

Carlos
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Might I recommend that if anyone really, really feels that they'd like to get their sets weighted sooner - to take a crack it yourself? And maybe get some input from other folks who are players in that same year.

I don't know for certain if Joe Orlando would be receptive to that. But, we've seen enough weightings to take a decent stab at most regular issue Topps Sets. Maybe if we provide basic weightings, it would be quicker for Joe to just run through it and confirm that it looks correct rather than having to come up with the weightings all on his own.

And its also posible that Joe is too swamped to even look at them for another month or two. Just throwin out the thought...
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
    Frank,

That's not a bad idea. Us 1970 Topps Baseball collectors could use the weighted 69 & 71 sets as a guide.

Go ahead and do the initial weighting. I'm behind you 100%. And if it takes a long time then I'm only behind you 50%.image

It sounds like Joe would take any help at all.

Carlosimage
    ...PS With all the set currently not weighted Joe could be trying to catch up for YEARS!!! I'm sure he would want some help.
  • << I don't know for certain if Joe Orlando would be receptive to that. But, we've seen enough weightings to take a decent stab at most regular issue Topps Sets. Maybe if we provide basic weightings, it would be quicker for Joe to just run through it and confirm that it looks correct rather than having to come up with the weightings all on his own. >>

Bingo! Some people need to stop complaining and take an active part, especially if their specialized set needs to be weighted. If one is interested in that route, simply email BJ with their perceived weights and she will run them by Joe Orlando. I recently weighted 2 sets and the entire process took less than a week.