Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Has this happened to anyone?

I won this card on ebay.

Link

It came in the mail yesterday. I tried to add it to my registry set. It would not let me. I typed in the cert number to verify it and there was no card with that number. It looks like one of the old style PSA labels. The case does not appear to have been tampered with. I e-mailed Cosetta with scans of the front and back.

Any opinions?

Comments

• Options
    Its likely to be a data base error that Cosetta will correct for you. I've had this happen on occasion but not with a mainstream set such as your 1961 Topps Set.

Keep us posted and let us know the outcome.
  • Options
    I have a 66 Topps bb card that is the same.
    I'm sure if you explain the problem and send them a scan of the front and back, they should be able to fix it.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Why do you think it is an old style cert? Because it starts with a 0?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've had recent submissions that start with 0- they started using that again a year or so ago. I don't think this is necessarily an old slab.
    I've had this problem lots of times- Cosetta always sorts it out pretty quickly.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why do you think it is an old style cert? Because it starts with a 0? >>

No because they have not used that letter font for the label in the few years I have been submitting cards.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    They haven't used rounded red borders on the labels since 2001.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I think there's something suspicious about this slab.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Gotcha, thanks for that info. Actually i had known that but did not realise that cert was rounded.

I saw the 0 and figured that was your problem.

Thanks again for answering.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    The card does look the grade and the case does not seem like it has been opened. Cosetta is back on Tuesday.

This font PSA use to use I have no problem reading the cert numbers. With the current font, I sometimes have trouble with the 6 and 8's looking the same.