Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Babe Ruth Rookie

Ive posted more pics. I did actually get some usefull information last night. Enough to know its not a 1915 even if it is a reprint its a 1916 not 15. Anyway any helpful input on these pics would be greatly appreciated. http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/Joshua093_photos/

Comments

• Options

yup. looks 100% authentic red x.
  • Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    How many threads are you going to start of this FAKE Ruth card????????????

Jake
  • Options
    "Is that a freaking Babe Ruth card, its got to be a fignuton of your own imagistration!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Good grief.

Is this going to set off another round of cruddy spoof threads?

Carol is not going to be pleased.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Good grief.

Is this going to set off another round of cruddy spoof threads?

Carol is not going to be pleased.

image >>

Agreed and ugh.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Smitty card :

Case closed!

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>ugh. >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I found one.........image
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>ugh. >>

image >>

I've got a similar version with Steve Bartman..........................somewhere
  • Options
    The foot on the right border tells the story. The real cards show the entire foot the reprints were enlarged slightly and the photo got cropped to hid the foot. Also if you look at the left border his head is closer to it on yours than on the real this alos shows the photo was enlarged for the reprints.. Yours is a reprint.. Case closed.
  • Options
    Thanks alot for the help. I was excited for awhile anyway. I do have alot of reprints I bought on e-bay after I found the card for sale now. LOL
  • Options
    I thought I was bad with my George Mikan Menko! image

Giovanni
  • Options
    At least the Mikan Menko was authentic.

I thought the photoshop job of the Menkos stacked up like poker chips was funny tho.
    “A well regulated populace being necessary to the security of a police state, the right of the government to keep and destroy arms shall not be infringed.”
  • Options

<< <i>"Is that a freaking Babe Ruth card, its got to be a fignuton of your own imagistration!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

image >>

• Options

<< <i>At least the Mikan Menko was authentic.

I thought the photoshop job of the Menkos stacked up like poker chips was funny tho. >>

lol, what photoshop job are you talking about? I have no idea what your talking about, when did this happen? lol image

Giovanni
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Well at the least you can sell the drills and all that other crap you digged out of that dumpster so it is not a total loss.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    It's fun to pretend.
  • Options
    Wow, let's see, we have an alt starting a classic thread, bobafett, dumpster photo, cowboys/peanuts spoof, someone gets busted for hotlinking an ebay pic, and gio shows up as well. If this had a classic nam/cdsnuts insult fest, it would be a perfect thread.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    thats a good pic for horatio dont ya think mattimage