Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2008 Indian Jones Heritage

Anyone gonna hit this. I am considering a case of this. The autos/sketch card hits should be one a box with Lucas and Speilberg on the list should be interesting.

If Ford signed for it would be even better. The Star Wars 30th Ford auto was unreal in price.

Comments

• What would an Indian Jones set be without Ford's auto? image

Sound like a pretty cool product, never heard of it. image

Giovanni
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Topps loves that Heritage tag, they put on everything, WWE cards too.
  • I put the heritage tag on the card I found in the dumpster.
  • Being a native american, I am offended by the title of this thread. image
  • metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Just think in 45 years Topps heritage/heritage!!!
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • might be a fun set to collect.
  • I would like to buy a box, but the price will be too high cause of the Ford auto's.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Ford would be a group A auto and that would mean 10-25 autos max...not enough to change the price of a pack or box. There will
    be plenty of other junk to make up for it.

JS
  • wallst32wallst32 Posts: 513 ✭✭
    Just curious, how much does the Star Wars 30th Ford AUTO sell for, and how many are there (if they're numbered)?
  • fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I read a good article the other day stating as the sports cards releases are shrinking the non sports card market is booming. It makes sense if you are a dealer, you have a much wider group to sell to with the non sport. But I am an avid x-files fan and i am not going to pay $40 for a piece of Fox Mulders tie!
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    I promise that the paragraph below eventually leads into question...image

Don't want to get too personal or anything, but my younger brother enjoys sports but not to the extent that me and my dad do so he's never been too drawn to baseball cards. What he does love is film making, producing, etc. Tonight I was updating my dad on everything that I had gotten in from ebay over the past few weeks in case he's missed anything and my younger brother chimed in that he wants to start a hobby. He's been really in to the Indiana Jones trilogy and has been watching them a lot lately in anticipation for the new release in a few months. I remembered this set and told my dad about it and he's pretty interested in buying a box for my brother to try and get him involved in a hobby that is geared towards what he enjoys rather than just buying him some baseball cards and have him only know the occasional superstar or a Brave/Ray/Dodger.

Boxes are only $40, you can complete the base set in one box, you're guaranteed one 1/1 sketch card or an auto as well as some parallels so we figured it'd be fun for him and a nice little surprise. Anyways, I'm just curious what a typical box would yield.

Did anybody bust some of this?
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm curious as well. Haven't seen this product yet.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    Well I purchased a box at baseball card shop. I was not able to make one base set out the box. I did pull this sketch card, but I put it up on Ebay:

Heritage Indy Sketch
    I think we may have missed the boat on this product. If either of my dealers had an I would of bought them especially at
    the 40 buck rate. Im not sure if the are still that much, as the product was very hot. The sketch cards were on fire and so
    were some of the rarer autos. If anyone wants to put together a group buy I would be in. I thought the 1/1's were
    one per case, but maybe not, at one per box that would make ripping even more fun!

Kevin
  • kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    The sketch's are 1 for every 1 1/2 boxes, and auto's were more like one in two or three boxes I believe. My card shop called me when he got some in. Probably because he knows I am sucker for the non-sports stuff.
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm pretty interested to see the product myself and it'll be hard to sit there and WATCH the ripping take place (maybe he'll let me do a few). My dad was kinda pushing just buying a set online for $10 but I told him that if he wants my brother to get excited about collecting, that's NOT the way to do it. Now I'm just afraid that he'll come up 2 cards short after his box and I'll look like an idiot for telling him to go with a box. I may have to pick up a base set for him just to cover my back side image.

The sketch cards are pretty sweet looking and I've seen some go for some crazy money on ebay tonight. The autos seem odd to someone who isn't a big fan of the movies, but I was showing my brother the checklist and he knew all the characters.

We ordered a box, by the way, so that should be here by the weekend and I'll update you guys with the results from it.

Edit: Just wanted to add that through research of the product, there will be another set coming out around the release of the new movie in a few months based on the new flick.

Goot...what did you pay for the box?

Kevin

<< <i>Goot...what did you pay for the box?

Kevin >>

$50 and that's including shipping from blowoutcards.com.

Indiana Jones Box
  • I busted a box and pulled a sketch and an auto. Both only seem to be selling for around $10 each. It was a fun break though and there is gum. I spoke witha guy at the local shop and the collation on the autos and sketches seems to be off. He said most boxes had 1 hit, but some had 2 and others none. Also, in one of his cases he only pulled 1 sketch.

Goot, if you want all my basecards you can have them for just the cost of shipping. Let me know if you are interested.
  • Just bought a case of this today.. Will see how it goes.
  • SWEEET auto out of my little bros box that he ripped today. The top card is a numbered parallel and the auto of Karen Allen has been selling for anywhere from $40-$50 on the bay. Not bad for a $40 box.

This thread needs for scans! Cmon Leia!!!

Kevin
  • Who's Haner Olle?
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Haner Ollen.

• << <i>It's Haner Ollen. >>

You're right. My mistake.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't know that, then you need to quit the hobby.

• << <i>If you didn't know that, then you need to quit the hobby. >>

I was being obtuse. I know it's Haner Ollen, she's Karen Allen's stunt double. Duh.

I still might quit the hobby though.
  • I like Indiana Jones. Movies coming out on my 34th B-Day !!!

I bought the full year of 1989 Playboys as I was told (well..read on a thread on this board when I 1st joined) that there was a article on FF in there. Guy never gave me a issue date so I bought the whole year. No FF article in there. image I tossed all the magazines but did keep a full page Stetson hat ad with Harrison in it. Kinda neat.
    imageimageimage
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I bought the full year of 1989 Playboys ...
    I tossed all the magazines but did keep a full page Stetson hat ad with Harrison in it. >>

Not that there's anything wrong with that image
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • The case should be here Monday. I may not be able to get it until Wednesday. Scans will soon follow..

• << <i>I like Indiana Jones. Movies coming out on my 34th B-Day !!!

I bought the full year of 1989 Playboys as I was told (well..read on a thread on this board when I 1st joined) that there was a article on FF in there. Guy never gave me a issue date so I bought the whole year. No FF article in there. image I tossed all the magazines but did keep a full page Stetson hat ad with Harrison in it. Kinda neat. >>

girl: What the hell is wrong with you?
    guy: I swear honey I bought it for the articles
    girl: the whole freaking year's worth?
    guy: I wanted to read one specific article, but didn't know what issue it was in
    girl: uhuh, sure......and the videos?......those have articles as well?
    guy: nope, but great interviews image
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • gonna post the results on the non-sports forum