Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Babe Ruth Rookie

You guys are really funny.But is there anyone on here with half a brain that can help. I mean really theres fifty thousand comedians out of work and your tring to be funny?To answer the question what was I doing in the dumpster.My oldes son Justin was killed 6 years ago in a car wreck.We collected guns together.When he was killed I sold all the guns and started saving to start a pawn shop.Something he always wanted to do also.They first place I got had no bussiness it was too hidden.But right across the street was a pawn shop that was closing down.So i rented it.The people the move out threw a dumpster full of stuff away ,microwave,speakers ,drills,all kinds of things.So i dug them all out to put in my store.I found in a drawer that was thrown in the dumpster with about 10 1933 Goudey reprints and the babe ruth card was laying next to them.I couldnt tell who it was because my eyes are getting bad from diabetis WHICH I GOT FROM DEPRESSION WHEN MY SON WAS KILLED gained weight,read up on it sometime.Anyway once my eyes focused enough to see I thought I probably never heard of him then I saw babe ruth and said to myself (usually dont talk to myself but this was not normal) I know him. Everybody does.SO for all you clowns out there I know you probably been waiting your whole life to get a card like this and dont believe,its kinda pisses me off but my youngest son just said he sees where your comming from waiting your whole life and I find one a dumpster.GO FIGURE

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody hand me my violin please.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I would guess it is a reprint if it was found with a bunch of other reprints...

condolences on your son..
  • Options

<< <i>But is there anyone on here with half a brain that can help. >>

There was a member on your other thread that offered to post the scans if you emailed them to him.

Or, I'll do the same.

vintagetoppsguy@yahoo.com

I'll be awaiting your email :holding breath;
  • Options
    Finds like this do happen, but to come in here with no photos to back up your claims are going to lead to some ridicule especially when your first post is about it. It has happened many times over on these boards where someone will do this exact same thing then end up trying to scam someone here.

Grow some tougher skin if you want to stay around. Until you can back up what you say expect some ridicule.
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    You really seem to hate retarded people.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick, I didn't know you owned a violin. First books, now music, you're a regular Renaissance man!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

The Lorax will deliver your diabeetus medicines right to your door.
  • Options

<< <i>image

The Lorax will deliver your diabeetus medicines right to your door. >>

• Options
    Ill try to send them right now,believe me this is not a reprint .
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    lets see that pic smitty, send it to vtg,hell do it, turn your pm on to, its off, its under your profile setting button, top ,that way people can pm ya about stuff if needed
    hell,ya never know, stranger thing that that have been found in the trash thats for sure, let us look at the pic front and back -hope its not a reprint for ya!
  • Options
    Just got the pics. I'll have them posted in a few minutes.
  • Options
    posted on other thread to:

see smitty,the thing is, a guy came on here not too long ago with the find of a life time, what was it guys the 56 bowman mantle that never was?, and swore up and down it was real, and he finally found it out it was from baseball cards magazine in 80's, so yeah,weve learned to be pretty skeptical when it come to ,"find of a lifetimes" after he posted it ,he found it is was a fantasy card from the mag
  • Options
    turn your pm on smitty is under profile, your is swithced off, hit the on button,nobody can send u a private message if they wanted too
  • Options
    Thanks I hope so too.My son justed e-mailed some pics to Toppsguy@yahoo or something like that. The pics suck because I took them before I took the card to the bank.I didnt see them untill I downloaded them tonight.BUT you can bet your ass I will go to the bank take some more and have them scan it for me just to prove its real.Everyone started to piss me off but then Josh made me realize how it looks you collectors.It is kinda funny when I look at it from your perspective but then again I m not laughing.I dont know if I should take it right away to california to psa or wait untill the end of March when psa will be in Chicago 200 miles away.But truthfully I dont think I can wait.Could you?
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    Send it by Fed Ex to PSA tomorrow
  • Options

The pics have a greenish tint to them. John, you're going to need better pics along with pics of the back. There are two here. Do you have more than one or is the other one a reprint?
  • Options
    Thanks and I know Im not an expert but I have measured and remeasured and used a magnifying glass to search the lower right hand corner were the reprint should be and it has not been scratched, rubbed,erased or touched in any way.The back is blank of course.I understand the Goudeys are reprints but that doesnt make every card around it a reprint automaticly.
  • Options
    Smitty, people are probably skeptical because (among many other things), you just dont seem too bright. You've already told us that, after watching a pawn shop go out of business across the street from your own fledgling pawn shop, you thought it would be a good idea to open up the same exact business, in the same EXACT location of the previous defunct business, with THEIR inventory you dug out of the trash. I could continue, but really, that about sums it up right there.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tell me that none of you are believing this hogwash about a guy that claims to have 20 reprints of this card, then finds a real one while trying to furnish his office from a dumpster. Me, Santa, and the Easter bunny are laughing our asses off.
  • Options
    Whats up with these pics?
    Any with normal color?
  • Options
    You know its people like you that never in a million years will find anything like this.Guess you dont have kids.Probably a reason for that too.
  • Options
    If I have a kid does my chances of finding a Babe Ruth increase?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You know its people like you that never in a million years will find anything like this.Guess you dont have kids.Probably a reason for that too. >>

So you have to have kids to be able to dig in a dumpster? I am missing the connection. Did you find your digital camera in the dumpster too? Maybe it was on St. Patty's Day and had a little green puke in it?
  • Options

<< <i>You know its people like you that never in a million years will find anything like this.Guess you dont have kids.Probably a reason for that too. >>

HUH....LOL
    I have 3 to be exact. Not sure what this has to do with your quality pics...
  • Options

And its people like you who make us all suspicious of people like you.

Go peddle this crap on craigs list
  • Options
    i guess you didnt ready my post about the 56 bowman mantle card find of the year-5$ junk-yeah were pretty sceptical, cant tell a thing from green pics, sorry, need better ones,from a scanner preferably or a camera and sunshine with white light, do a pic a world of wonders

and you have never turned you pm on , can you read?
  • Options

<< <i>i guess you did ready my post about the 56 bowman mantle card-year were pretty sceptical, cant tell a thing from green pics, sorry, need better ones,from a scanner preferably

and you have never turned you pm on , can you read? >>

This was the reply I got when asked about the pics...

"You know its people like you that never in a million years will find anything like this.Guess you dont have kids.Probably a reason for that too. "

Still not sure what this has to do with his green photos...
  • Options
    I understand that I guess I would be too.But I swear this thing is real and not a reprint.If it is a fake then so are the others theyve found.This in no way this card has been touched.Wouldnt you be able to tell if it was erased scratched out or rubbed out.The spot were they put reprint is perfect in every way untouched.Like I said it has been folded not discolored or stained but does show its age.I just need to figure out what to do next.If psa says its not real then I would spend the rest of my life not believing them this thing is real. If its not I will personally appolagize to everyone on here but I wont have to I telling you its REAL not a reprint.
  • Options
    this is a great find, sorry to here about your son, hope more good things happen to you.
  • Options

<< <i>

So you have to have kids to be able to dig in a dumpster? I am missing the connection. Did you find your digital camera in the dumpster too? Maybe it was on St. Patty's Day and had a little green puke in it? >>

Don't you know Allen, to have finds like this that involve dumpster diving, you need kids. Toss em over the side and let them do the dirty work
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    personally,i hope i never live to be a million year old,that would really suck-62 is bad enuffimage get some better pics smitty, turn your pm on ,and maybe we can tell you something, i cant even see the words hardly on the cards,and it green
    the56 bowman mantle guy was crushed when his find was in his mind a real deal too-hope it turns out to be a real one,you do see our case here?
  • Options
    Im gonna go check every dumpster in town tomorrow....
    Hell, I might start tonight... wheres my flashlight
  • Options

<< <i>I understand that I guess I would be too.But I swear this thing is real and not a reprint.If it is a fake then so are the others theyve found.This in no way this card has been touched.Wouldnt you be able to tell if it was erased scratched out or rubbed out.The spot were they put reprint is perfect in every way untouched.Like I said it has been folded not discolored or stained but does show its age.I just need to figure out what to do next.If psa says its not real then I would spend the rest of my life not believing them this thing is real. If its not I will personally appolagize to everyone on here but I wont have to I telling you its REAL not a reprint. >>

I thought that you said that your eyes were bad from diabetes. How would you even be able to analyze this card w/ absolute certainty, if that is the case...I call BS, charlatan.

and PS Your magnifying glass will not help, if you have retinal complications.....
  • Options

<< <i>I understand that I guess I would be too.But I swear this thing is real and not a reprint.If it is a fake then so are the others theyve found.This in no way this card has been touched.Wouldnt you be able to tell if it was erased scratched out or rubbed out.The spot were they put reprint is perfect in every way untouched.Like I said it has been folded not discolored or stained but does show its age.I just need to figure out what to do next.If psa says its not real then I would spend the rest of my life not believing them this thing is real. If its not I will personally appolagize to everyone on here but I wont have to I telling you its REAL not a reprint. >>

You might be sitting on the first .5 grade that PSA will give out.........drive like hell to california and don't stop to piss.....someone will steal that card from ya!
  • Options
    Smitty, will you please change your Avatar to the Lorax?
  • Options

<< <i>Smitty, people are probably skeptical because (among many other things), you just dont seem too bright. You've already told us that, after watching a pawn shop go out of business across the street from your own fledgling pawn shop, you thought it would be a good idea to open up the same exact business, in the same EXACT location of the previous defunct business, with THEIR inventory you dug out of the trash. I could continue, but really, that about sums it up right there. >>

Along with the fact that he's going blind but can definitely tell this card isn't a reprint....
  • Options
    The other is a reprint just to show there the same except for that one little thing.It doesnt say reprint lol
  • Options

<< <i>The other is a reprint just to show there the same except for that one little thing.It doesnt say reprint lol >>

A reprint doesn't have to say reprint on it...
  • Options
    SHUT UP, SNOTBRAIN

• Options
    LIKE REGULARS ON A BASEBALL CARD MESSAGE BOARD KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BASEBALL CARDS

IT MUST BE HARD TO TYPE THROUGH ALL THAT JEALOUSY
  • Options

<< <i>The other is a reprint just to show there the same except for that one little thing.It doesnt say reprint lol >>

Did you find the reprint along w/ the original? image
  • Options
    Why do they both look like you found them on Three Mile Island?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Ok we had our fun, now stop feeding the trolls.
  • Options
    SHUT UP, SNOTBRAIN
  • Options

<< <i>A reprint doesn't have to say reprint on it... >>

Aww shucks sure it do! All em other ones got it, this one aint so its REAL
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

allright shows over you numb-numb...its fake...move on.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

this just makes SO much sense now image
  • Options
    You said the area where the word reprint is looks untouched. To me looking at what I can tell of the rest of the card would worry me just as much if not more. There are many repairs that could be done to hide the erasure of the word reprint that would make that area appeared untouched.
  • Options
    Ok Genius Ill spell it out for you.Even though I have no idea why.The guy who owned the pawn shop before closed because of his health not because of lack of business.It has been a pawn shop for 25 years.Just a stupid guess but I would think maybe people associated this spot better as a pawn shop then where I was and maybe the ten times the business over here is not good according to you.But I dont imagine you own much of anything from the way you take things out of text.GET A LIFE
  • Options

NOT TO HIJACK THE THREAD OR ANYTHING...BUT I HAVE TO TELL EVERYONE WHAT I SAW IN MY BACKYARD YESTERDAY...BIGFOOT!

SORRY THE PIC IS BLURRY, BUT IT'S REAL I TELLS YA!