Home Sports Talk
Options

Easiest job in sports

President and CEO of the Detroit Lions.

Matt Millen has it made. The owner loves him and in his eyes Matt can do no wrong. Nothing is expected, nothing delivered and everyone
is happy. (except for the players and fans but since when do they account for anything?)

Comments

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    third string QB to favre (back up to favre is second easiest). then again training camp may kill you though.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>third string QB to favre (back up to favre is second easiest). then again training camp may kill you though. >>

What about Jim Sorgi? Peyton Manning seems to have a firm hold on the starting job in Indy. image
  • Options
    favre rarely comes out, but you are right same with manning. but then again some of his thrid string backups have been brought back after being out of work for 2 years just because the 2nd stringer dinged his hammy in practice.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Golf announcer.

He hit it straight...oh he hooked it left..its in the hole....BFD
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baseball Tonight. Getting paid to BS about baseball for 2 hours or so is robbery!!
  • Options
    the easiet job in sports..... referee of a pro wrestling match

a rule keeper in a sport with no rules and they tell you beforehand who wins the match - even Axtell can get that right
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the easiet job in sports..... referee of a pro wrestling match >>

Heck no! You've gotta read the script!!!

• Options
    How about a ball boy at a women's tennis tournament! Crouching down behind Maria Sharapova and Daniela Hantuchova in their short skirts. Maybe once in a while you have to get up and fetch a ball. You have nothing to do, but watch them from behind!!

Compare that job to the guy that has to run out and mop the sweat off an NBA floor!!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure I'd trip over a bone if I was at that tennis match.
  • Options
    The Goal Judge at whatever end of the ice that the St Louis Blues at shooting at.
    “A well regulated populace being necessary to the security of a police state, the right of the government to keep and destroy arms shall not be infringed.”
  • Options
    i have a friend who works the pentaly box for the NHL. pay isnt the best. they are really only part-time jobs. when the NHL was on strike he got no $$. but you do get to go to any NHL game in any city though, even if your not working. not sure about the goal judges but from what i have asked him they are the same.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's