Home Sports Talk
Options

The Most Difficult Job In Sports...

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
I offer to you the most difficult job in sports:

Public Relations Coordinator - New York Knicks (New York, NY)

Job Link

What? No mention of dealing with potential lawsuits?

/s/ JackWESQ

Department: MSG Communications- NY Knicks

Description: Responsibilities include the creation of game notes, updating statistical information, assisting with the creation of team publications including media guides, training camp guides and post-season guides. Will develop press releases and media advisories. Will assist with website content and publicizing the website. Interact with members of the media on a daily basis by providing team updates. Will assist in monitoring media interviews in locker room, on television and on the radio. Will supervise interns and game night staff. Game night responsibilities include overseeing in-game statistical information that is disseminated to the media.

Requirements: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors degree with a minimum of one year public relations experience preferably within the sports industry. Strong knowledge of basketball and the NBA is required. Must have excellent communication, organizational and follow up skills. Candidate must possess strong writing skills with creative abilities. Familiarity with public relations teams is also required. Must have excellent presentation, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills. Proficiency on Microsoft Word and Excel required. Must be flexible to work games including evenings and weekends.

Please visit our website www.thegarden.com and click on employment to apply for all of our employment opportunities.

Job ID: 2007-631

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. Yes/No: I have at least 1 year of public relations experience with a sports team.

2. Yes/No: I have previous public relations experience with a NBA/ WNBA /D-League team.

3. Yes/No: Are you available to work evenings and weekends?

Apply for this position

Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.