Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

If I might make a suggestion on swaps, would a schedule be out of the question?

It seems every month there are two or three reasons to have a swap. Would it be out of the question to schedule future swaps? This way people would know in advance when one is comming up and what the criterier is for it.

I know I can not spell worth a damn!

What do you say? Maybe one per month, say open on the first, close on the 15th, send by the 21st, all open on the 28th, start again on the 1st.

We can call it anything if we follow the same swap rules, ie Decembers can be called Christmas swap, January can be called New years swap, Feb Valentines day swap...etc, etc, etc.

What do you all say?

Just a thought,
Ray

Comments

• hows about here and now, and in a few weeks and then maybe a little later in the month? A schedule takes the spontinaity out of it. SEE WE JUST STARTED A TRADE AND THAT"S HOW THEY CAN WORK>

Yes a monthly/bi weekly would be cool too, but sometimes you just gotta trade

dan
    image It's Her's
  • Good idea, mrp. Very predictable and easily organized. Appeals to my anal retentive sensibilities.

Nothing to prevent others having spontaneous swaps when the urge strikes them but this lets people plan.
    TERRY
  • LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    mrp, I agree with you. I posted a swap notice and nobody has responded and so I guess the idea if not feasible at this time. I, for one, would be agreeable to a monthly swap. I got lots of coins here that I have no use for and I know for sure somebody would want them. Louie
  • Monthly swaps sound good, I think that is about average anyway. Now we need a swap petty officer to handel the monthly trades. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Spanaker I agree, however I can not volenteer my services due to my occupation. Any takers out there?

All thought I guess we could come up with a certain set of rules and the person that takes charge for the next month could cut and paste a new thread.

Lets make a list of rules and see how people feel from there.

What do you all say?

Ray
  • ok so a monthly swap in addition to whatever else is started is a fine idea. If we need a 'offical' why not Mac? He's normally the man anyhow? Why ya'all wanna go takin Macs fun away?

dan
    image It's Her's
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    OK, here we go.

As stated, the swaps should be started on the first of the month and a thread should be opened for that months swap. The rules should be set in the first post so everyone will understand the rules.

The sign up phase should continue for a minimum of 10 days with at least one week end lay over as some people can only make it here on the week ends.

The dollar amount in the past has generalized around 25-35 dollars and everyone seems to be happy with that amount.

I have seen the best route for who sends to who is, as you sign up, the person above sends to the person below, however, the person that takes charge of that months swap will determine how he or she would like to set that up.

The transitional phase until shipping deadline should be no more than 10 days with a weekend included within, as some people can not make it to the post office until the weekend.

Anything I missed please add below, we can compile all the rules into one post. Then when the person steps up to assume the monthly swap, they can cut and paste that thread and edit to his/her swap rules.

How does that sound so far?

Ray
    That sounds good to me. I would suggest, however, that the names be put in a hat and then drawn out as to who sends to who. That would make it even so that everybody has a fair chance on trading with different people. However, that is up to discussion. Louie
  • I kinda like the way Macs been doing them, with "send to the person that post under you". And I agree that Mac does a great job conducting them.
    It would help to keep commentary post off the "swap thread" to avoid confusion of trade recipiants.
    I usually wait to post to a swap, to sign up under a member that I haven't recieved from before.
    Terry

eBay Store

• moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also like the "send to the person below"; not only can try to get somebody I haven't swapped with before, I can also try to avoid the bum who sent me the lame swap package last time. Hypothetically speaking, of course. imageimageimageimageimageimage

am
    100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • I know you're not talking about the 20 cent piece I sent you.image LOL
    Terry

eBay Store

• All this and Louie's Valentine Trade still has a goose egg. Somebody send him a card and let him know he's loved.
  • IMO, why louie doesn't have anyone in yet, is it's still almost 2 weeks away. I'm waiting to see if someone else starts a swap before his...If there isn't another started by Feb, i'll be in,and odds are i will join his too

dan
    image It's Her's
    well, so far no takers. I guess all the hype about giving us veterans a fair shake is all talk. Anyway, no problem. No people can't say that I didn't volunteer to do one. Just kidding guys. Look forward to the next swap although I still have not received my swap from the January one. Guess he ran into a little problem. Anyway, I got lots of time to wait. Louie
  • MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    Hi guys
    Hey Ray I been setting up a swap every month for well over a year. The thing about them is the smaller the better. 10 people of less work the best. To many people and someone get screwed. It seem it works that way all the time. I feel I setup the swap and its up to me to make sure everyone gets something. But I never have put a limit to how many people sign up. My next one I am going to put some new rules. NO PM on your not welcome and you will have to have atleast 10 post in the last 30 day. websurfer sign up and you never hear from them again. Ray do you have the time to take over a monthly swap. some months its hard I have to really work to find the time, but always seem to get one a month.

hey Louie
    I would have sign up but I didn't see the post. what this Vet cr*p. I'm a vet too. whats that got to do with anything? sorry to sound so cold. You should pm some of the people in the other swaps and let them know its going on. you would be surprised how many folks love the swaps. I also like to pm the member and thank them for signing up. yes I know I didn't do it the this time sorry. Louie sorry I missed it. is it still going on?

Anyway back to the swap. In my opinion the thing that hurt the swaps is this new begging for free coin forum. For the longest time every other post here was please give me free coins. No one wants to come to a forum with that on it.
    again

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    I would have missed this post too if danarchy had not PMed and sent me here.
    Thanx Dan

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer