Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

bubble mailers...size and vendor question?

Just wondering what size bubble mailers you guys use for amiling graded cards and where the best prices are?

Comments

• Options
    I know where NOT to buy them...
  • Options
    I buy the 000 size and then back the cards with cardboard which gives it a decent snug fit. You can buy them on ebay for around $0.09 each with shipping if you look hard.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    I also use the 000 size and back it with cardboard. I get mine from esupplystore.com in bulk. 600 of them at a time gets the rate around .10 each with shipping.
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭

<< <i>I also use the 000 size and back it with cardboard. I get mine from esupplystore.com in bulk. 600 of them at a time gets the rate around .10 each with shipping. >>

the same - esupply store 6x9 work best then you can sandwich the card between cardboard. the 4x7 are too tight to use the cardboard with graded cards.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i get mine from altusmarket on ebay, 2100 for 215$, royalmailers is alright, but they are a smite too small to get 2 slabs into by just a hair,most of ny biz is other than sports stuff anyways so i dot suppose it matters,but i think these guys are pretty cheap
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I also use the 000 size and back it with cardboard. I get mine from esupplystore.com in bulk. 600 of them at a time gets the rate around .10 each with shipping. >>

the same - esupply store 6x9 work best then you can sandwich the card between cardboard. the 4x7 are too tight to use the cardboard with graded cards. >>

I agree. I should have specified...I need to use slightly thinner than normal corrugated cardboard on both side of the slab to make it fit. I also keep the 6x9's aroundfor when I ship a couple. I wrap in bubblewrap and box up anything more than 3, though.
  • Options
    I checked both places and I see a lot of 4 x 8 and 6 x 10, but no 6 x 9. Are you guys buying the 6 x 10s?
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭
    yes, it's 6x10 - not x9. I like those because you can get more than one card in them even with cardboard and extra bubble wrap.
  • Options

Many sellers carry a 6x9 size #0 bubble mailer.

We make our Size#0 6.5 x 9.5 on the inner dimensions, and 6.75x10 on the outer dimensions thus giving you more mailer for less money.

Our case of 250 size #0 with free shipping runs $32 free shipping anywhere in the USA.

Our Size #000 is actually 4.25 x 7.5 on the inner dimensions. Most of the industry makes them 4x7.5

I have been reading that many of you use cardboard backing to keep your items secure while in transit. This is an item that we do not carry currently but is certainly on the radar.

Has anyone tried "Bubble Bags" as a method of keeping your cargo secure? Lots of our Jewelry sellers use them for that extra layer of protection. They run about .10 cents a bag and have a great look when your customers receive them.

Tom
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have been reading that many of you use cardboard backing to keep your items secure while in transit. This is an item that we do not carry currently but is certainly on the radar.
    >>

i would be in the market for that..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    shouldnt Royal Mailers be spamming their crap in the BST ?
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>shouldnt Royal Mailers be spamming their crap in the BST ? >>

who are you?

Royal Mailers didn't start the thread.. he provided information.. i'm glad he did.
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>shouldnt Royal Mailers be spamming their crap in the BST ? >>

who are you?

Royal Mailers didn't start the thread.. he provided information.. i'm glad he did. >>

• Options
    Edit just because that's the way I roll!
  • Options
    I get mine from uline.com
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Has anyone tried "Bubble Bags" as a method of keeping your cargo secure? Lots of our Jewelry sellers use them for that extra layer of protection. They run about .10 cents a bag and have a great look when your customers receive them.
    Tom >>

I don't use the bubble bags but do use the foam pouches. Same price as bubble bags and keeps cards secure as you said.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1,

Ahh yes... Those foam pouches are really good for cards. A great choice for that extra layer of protection for those more expensive cards or coins. U-line stocks a good variety of pouches and their quality is generally decent.

Anyone from Bay Area?

Tom

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Uline has a good sale going on for bubble mailers right now. Use Code # SP220

For example a case of 250 "size 0" 6x10's breaks down to a little more than 17 cents a unit (including shipping)
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com