Home Sports Talk
Options

Giant Fans, Are You Ready For the Upset of the Century?

Get your DVD recorders ready so you can archive it for your grandchildren. image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."

Comments

• Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Lets not jump the wagon here like this is going to be a piece of pie. The Giants have lots of preparation to do going against a team like the Pats. If I were head coach of the Giants I'd make everyone re-watch the tape of the last time the Giants played the Pats to really get a feel of how they play and what to improve on. I love my Giants but since the Pats make virtually no flaws on the field we have to play our BEST football. But I am a believer till the very end, GO GIANTS!

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is like:

2001 Super Bowl
    2004 ALCS
    2007 App. State vs. Michigan
    1984 Orange Bowl Miami vs. Nebraska
    Super Bowl III Jets vs. Baltimore
    1985 World Series
    Boise St. vs Oklahoma
    NC State vs Houston
    Chaminade vs Virginia
    Hoosiers

Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you did. The 2003 Fiesta Bowl.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    1969 Mets vs. Orioles

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options

<< <i>Lets not jump the wagon here like this is going to be a piece of pie. The Giants have lots of preparation to do going against a team like the Pats. If I were head coach of the Giants I'd make everyone re-watch the tape of the last time the Giants played the Pats to really get a feel of how they play and what to improve on. I love my Giants but since the Pats make virtually no flaws on the field we have to play our BEST football. But I am a believer till the very end, GO GIANTS! >>

You can bet that the Pats are doing a lot of preparation as well, no way are they kicking back and saying this game is in the bag.
    The players and coaching staff are watching a ton of game film and will be practicing hard I am sure.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Georgetown vs Villanova.image
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    How about these (my picks for biggest upsets in each respective sport):

MLB: 1954 Giants sweep 111 win Indians in WS
    NFL: 1968 Jets over Colts in Super Bowl III
    NBA: 2007 Warriors
    NCAA basketball: 1982 Chaminade over Virginia
    NCAA football: 1985 Oregon State (I didn't want to include any from last year as the idea is to pick the greatest ALL-TIME)
    Hockey: 1980 USA over USSR (biggest upset in ANY sport)
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Hockey: 1980 USA over USSR (biggest upset in ANY sport)

hey is Hockey a sport?? lol
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    LETS GO GIANTS! GO FOR THE TD'S! TYNE WILL PROBABLY CHOKE AGAIN!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>How about these (my picks for biggest upsets in each respective sport):

MLB: 1954 Giants sweep 111 win Indians in WS
    NFL: 1968 Jets over Colts in Super Bowl III
    NBA: 2007 Warriors
    NCAA basketball: 1982 Chaminade over Virginia
    NCAA football: 1985 Oregon State (I didn't want to include any from last year as the idea is to pick the greatest ALL-TIME)
    Hockey: 1980 USA over USSR (biggest upset in ANY sport) >>

This actually isn't true. The 'Miracle on Ice' was, obviously, a huge upset, and when you put the event in a social context it might be the most important upset of all time, but from a probability standpoint it wasn't as stunning as Chaminade over Virginia, or even as Syracuse over Louisville in NCAAF this year ('cuse was +35 1/2).
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    USA over USSR would be like Chaminade over the New York Giants......you all need to know your history..look up upset
    in the dictionary and you will see a picture of the Russian hockey team being led off to the salt mines!

JS
  • Options
    USA over USSR would be like Chaminade over the New York Giants......you all need to know your history..look up upset
    in the dictionary and you will see a picture of the Russian hockey team being led off to the salt mines!

Thank god the upset didn't happen in the late 40s - if it had we would have marched that hockey team in a line and executed them after we tortured them

Sincerely,
    Joseph Stalin
    the Butcher of Moscow
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can feel it in my bones......

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Giant Fans, Are You Ready For the Upset of the Century? >>

imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>I can feel it in my bones......

Dave >>

You're probably just feeling gas

Pats 100

Midgets 12
  • Options
    <<Pats 100

Midgets 12>>

If the Giants are Midgets the Cowboys are Head Lice, after all they did whip their Brokeback arses didn't they? image

• Options

<< <i><<Pats 100

Midgets 12>>

If the Giants are Midgets the Cowboys are Head Lice, after all they did whip their Brokeback arses didn't they? image >>

Did you come up with that all by yourself or did someone help you image

• Options
    <<Did you come up with that all by yourself or did someone help you>>

All by my lonesome. image

Happy trails again until we meet again......

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i><<Did you come up with that all by yourself or did someone help you>>

All by my lonesome. image

Happy trails again until we meet again......

image >>

You got your popcorn ready??
  • Options
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage