Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Poppage since policy change?

Has anyone had grades pop since the change? If so, are they with or without the .5s?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Comments

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Change doesn't take place til 2/1
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    But has anyone had poppage since the announcement? Straight grades or otherwise?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    No poppage but PSA says they will not grade my grades with the half grade. They said it was too far along. They just want me to get my cards regraded that are not yet even graded. They sure know how to treat a customer. Sent them over $1000 for the submission.
  • Options

<< <i>But has anyone had poppage since the announcement? Straight grades or otherwise? >>

the announcement was made on the 16th ? - i got poppage on the 18th for a nov/dec special
    collecting:
    1990 leaf in (10)
    1986 topps mets (10)
    2008 ring kings cut signatures
    any Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Keith Hernandez cards in (10)
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    If they don't get around to grading my cards till after Feb. 1st will they use the new grading system even though I submitted them last year?
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    My renewal sub popped on 1/17. I have another 150-something cards there now from the Dec special. No idea when I'll see grades or if they are graded after 2/1 if they'll have the .5 or not, I am guessing not.
  • Options
    JonBJonB Posts: 495
    mbothner...

That really sucks... and you are correct, thats not the way a customer (esp one who is submitting such a large order) should be treated... but then again, PSA has apparently been lying to us all for many years about this subject, and the .5 grading is simply to make people resub cards which will result in more revenue for PSA... so I am not shocked what-so-ever that they would rather try and have you spend more money with them than treat you properly.
  • Options
    bak428bak428 Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Two subs from the Nov/Dec special Popped. 1/21 and 1/22 all whole grades.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting on a sub that just popped last week, but I don't look at the grades until I open the package from PSA and I'll be picking it up at the PO tomorrow.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Do they have a box to check if you want whole grades instead of 1/2; just like qualifiers?
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options

<< <i>No poppage but PSA says they will not grade my grades with the half grade. They said it was too far along. They just want me to get my cards regraded that are not yet even graded. They sure know how to treat a customer. Sent them over $1000 for the submission. >>

Squeel like a pig boy.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I have a submission that they received this week. The customer rep said they could hold until after the 1st and then grade using the .5 method. I told them to hold until then. I have another submission that was logged in on December 3rd and that will be graded using full grades even thought it hasn't been completed yet....I thought this was fair....maybe I'm to easyimage
  • Options
    I will be submitting at least around 20 or more raw 1950's vintage cards next month. I'll post'em up when I get the them with or without .5 grades.

1952 Topps Collector.