Home U.S. Coin Forum

Error folks- here's something you don't see every day!

cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
The local B&M had 6 of these and sold 'em to me on the cheap...I've only ever seen singles of cuds- looks like someone found a roll!

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.

Comments

• W. VA Cud Thread
    The thread is still there, but the coin is gone.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Nice Find. Ray in Florida.. image
  • ah, here it is...image
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ah, here it is...image >>

Thanks for the pic! Mine are either different, or are a progression of yours...notice how the bottom of the cud on mine is straight while the one on yours is angled...
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Yes, and I also noticed that where the bottom of my cud starts to angle is higher up than yours.
    What did you pay? It would help me put a value on mine, which came from circulation.
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, and I also noticed that where the bottom of my cud starts to angle is higher up than yours.
    What did you pay? It would help me put a value on mine, which came from circulation. >>

He had them priced at $19.95 each (which I think is a steal), but let me have all 6 for $14 apiece...

• << <i>He had them priced at $19.95 each (which I think is a steal), but let me have all 6 for $14 apiece... >>

Ya, nice pickup for $14 each!!!

So lets, see, that would put my lusterless AU55 example at......50 cents?? image
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely something to chew on! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CUDelicious image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • That was the best find i ever had!
    I was finding those in bank rolls. At the time i found up to 5 in one roll!
    But the next roll would not have any at all. I ran all over Michigan for them in boxes.
    There are 4 and 8 clock cuds, and in many shapes.
    Sold many to the guy that wrote the Coin World artical on cuds in 2005.
    Oh that roll is put together. I still have some.
    Never give up the hunt!
    25 inf 1/14 Gold Dragons ,never surrender, over come and adapt
    and hold at all cost!
  • YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    How do you pay $14 for $1.50 value of worth? I have a old subway sandwich in my toolbox on my truck from last week, speciall price just for u, $4.99 plus the condiments.

Jk nice haul. very sweet error.
    YaHa... don't your rain gutters need a cleaning? image
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    $14? Try $84 and that was a nice deal.

Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

• BarbercoinBarbercoin Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    cool

WTB: Barber Quarters XF

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file