Home Metal Detecting
Options

Advice on a good metal detector

Hello Everyone,

Let me introduce myself. I am an avid baseball card collector, so if any of you are on those boards you'll recognize me. If not, hey!

I am from Alaska, and during the long summer months I have gold fever. I am always out on weekends with my Sluice Box, and gold pan. I'll even camp along rivers to put in even longer days outdoors hoping to find something. I've never really found a lot of gold, maybe a few penny weights, but this winter I've been thinking about getting a metal detector to hopefully increase the findings. What do you all think? I primarily don't work old tailing piles, as they are hard to find. I generally dig under, and around big rocks on rivers and do ok at that. But I want more! image

So, what do you all think? Here in Anchorage at a gold mining supply place the owner was trying to sell me on the Garrett Infinium. I am thinking about going for it, but I want more information, and research before I drop down a grand. It's a lot of money. I do want a good metal detector, and I want one I'll be happy with for years to come. What metal detector would you get? And why? In my situation, what would you get? And why?

Thank you,
Jeff

Comments