Home Sports Talk
Options

I think I'll go watch a movie during the Super Bore.

That's about how interesting it'll be.

Ron
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    If it's anything at all like the week 16 game how could you want to miss it?
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Why would you say a bore? Giants almost beat New England week 17. They beat #1 Dallas on the road. They beat #2 Packers on the road.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Because the Pats are gonna smoke 'em. Don't get me wrong, I think the Giants have a lot of talent but they make too many mistakes to keep up with New England.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Because the Pats are gonna smoke 'em. Don't get me wrong, I think the Giants have a lot of talent but they make too many mistakes to keep up with New England.

Ron >>

Yeah, because it was such a mismatch in Week 17, right?
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

I think I'll go watch a movie during the Super Bore

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way the Pats are playing right now they would struggle with the lowly TB YUKS!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    No, it wasn't a mismatch in the last game. But the fact is, they still lost. The Giants do have a talented team but they are not well coached, they make too many mistakes, and don't have the horsepower in the secondary to stay with New England. There is logic behind my rhetoric and a reason why the spread is 14 points.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    i think it will be a good game actually.
    the NY game against the Pats was a great game. I hope the superbowl is equally entertaining.,
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pats haven't covered a double-digit spread in about two months, including the last two playoff games. The bookies seem to set the line artificially high for the Pats in anticipation of all the $$ coming in on them, and have probably made a killing that way of late.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    After the Chargers lost, I was cheering for the giants just so I could watch that great week 17 game again. Might not be as fun as that game but I won't be at the movies Feb 3rd.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Because the Pats are gonna smoke 'em. Don't get me wrong, I think the Giants have a lot of talent but they make too many mistakes to keep up with New England.

Ron >>

Spoken like a true numb nuts with his head up his rear end. Sorry but you would have to be nearly 100% CLUELESS not to notice that the Giants have made nearly zero mistakes this post season. Really ...... did you wake up from a 2 month nap Burgandy? image

My goodness ..... did you make that comment after watching tapes of the Giants LAST road loss? ...... in September? The gloves are off and no Giant fan should stand for such idiotic comments from those who don't watch what is happening.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Softy, let the doubters have their say. There will be a ton of it for the next two weeks, and the Giants will thrive on it image
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GEM, ther is a BIG difference between "doubters" and those with their head up their a$$. The Giants may lose the big game but it is soooooo comical to read the same old BORING and TIRED and complete FALSE crap as Burgandy spouts out. It is as though he is reading a scounting report from the Dallas moring news from early September. Hello? Mcfly? image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I've heard the same thing for the past three weeks, Keep em comin.

• Options

<< <i>GEM, ther is a BIG difference between "doubters" and those with their head up their a$$. The Giants may lose the big game but it is soooooo comical to read the same old BORING and TIRED and complete FALSE crap as Burgandy spouts out. It is as though he is reading a scounting report from the Dallas moring news from early September. Hello? Mcfly? image >>

I know, I know, and I totally agree with you. Tonight though I celebrate. Tomorrow I'll defend the less than well thought out analysis image
  • Options
    If the Giants win, I'll be the first to come on here and eat a big plate of crow. But in the meantime, tell me with a straight face that they can really beat the Pats if they commit the fumbles, missed FG's, and other mistakes they made yesterday.

They played a heckuva game in week 17 and still came up short. And I'll tell you this: I'm already hearing the Giants "can get away with only a four man rush to get pressure on Brady" and drop 7 in coverage. If they do that Wes Welker will have eleventy billion yards in the game. Their only shot is to bring the house constantly, and hope Madison, Ross, et al. can stay with Moss. Maybe they should put Plaxico at corner to cover Randy, since he is a Moss starter kit.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options

<< <i>But in the meantime, tell me with a straight face that they can really beat the Pats if they commit the fumbles, missed FG's, and other mistakes they made yesterday. >>

No they can't, but then they were playing in -24 wind chill yesterday and still won.
  • Options
    since he is a Moss starter kit.

Good one. Burress is in Moss's class, not a shell of Moss, as you say. The line of 14 points is ridiculous and you will see it drop before gametime.

YOU stay classy, though...
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Giants played in extreme weather conditions, beat the #1 Dallas, and now the Packers. But all of that still doesn't register to you? Theres a reason why the Giants are still up and living, th Pats game was a great game and a victory is a victory but we gave it our best and we learned from it. Now a rematch in 2 weeks, I can't wait. I find it rather funny how the Giants keep winning and everyone keeps doubting. What would you say if the Giants beat New England and prevent ultimate perfection? I mean I do respect what the Patriots are after and making history but it be some history if the Giants can stop them in the SB. Lets see what happens......

The most important thing to me is seeing Eli maturing and making good plays with his team.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Win or lose the G-Men are in the game! Congrats to all the Giant fans and I will be glued to my set for super bowl 42!!

Giants 23

NE 21

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    While I was hoping and predicting NY would be in the bowl, just becuz as a Bear fan we like to see Dallas and Groin Bay lose, their secondary is way too weak to stop Brady. Couple that with dumb penalties, dropped passes, fumbles and so-so special team play I don't think it will be close. However I never with the exception of Indy want an AFC team to win. Only hope NY has is if there is such a thing as Karma. image I am so sick of everything New England. Congrats to both teams for great playoffs. image
  • Options
    The comment about Plaxico was meant as a compliment. The guy is a stud playing on a bum leg. Jeesh.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options

<< <i>The way the Pats are playing right now they would struggle with the lowly TB YUKS! >>

Yes, they are playing soooo bad that they are only 18-0. Man, they suck! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The way the Pats are playing right now they would struggle with the lowly TB YUKS! >>

Yes, they are playing soooo bad that they are only 18-0. Man, they suck! image >>

Man, how do you get away with that picture in your sig line? It takes up half the page...
  • Options

Ron >>

Stay classy, New England...
  • Options
    How was the movie? Did you watch the 1968 version of "Heidi"?

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Giants win, I'll be the first to come on here and eat a big plate of crow.

Looks like you'll need a couple of forks...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Yup!

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>While I was hoping and predicting NY would be in the bowl, just becuz as a Bear fan we like to see Dallas and Groin Bay lose, their secondary is way too weak to stop Brady. Couple that with dumb penalties, dropped passes, fumbles and so-so special team play I don't think it will be close. However I never with the exception of Indy want an AFC team to win. Only hope NY has is if there is such a thing as Karma. image I am so sick of everything New England. Congrats to both teams for great playoffs. image >>

There must be such a thing as karma. image