Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

effect of new grading system

i think the effects of the new grading system has already been felt.case in point:1956 topps ernie banks psa 8 [item #150204541918] sold for 605.00.it is very well centered and could be an 8.5 last 5 banks psa 8's have sold for 492.00,440.00,484.00,329.00 and 345.00

Comments

• Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    I know I have adjusted my bids upward for nicely centered 8s...I hope others haven't, at least on the stuff I'm biding on..lol

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    I think the half grades may increase the price of some cards, however, I think the net effect will be PSA making more money by people having cards resubmitted for grading. PSA is already over loaded with work, but the all might dollar keeps knocking at their door. I would suspect that 60 - 70% of their work load in the near future will be resubmits. Oh, well I guess a person just has to roll with the flow.
  • Options

<< <i>I think the half grades may increase the price of some cards, however, I think the net effect will be PSA making more money by people having cards resubmitted for grading. PSA is already over loaded with work, but the all might dollar keeps knocking at their door. I would suspect that 60 - 70% of their work load in the near future will be resubmits. Oh, well I guess a person just has to roll with the flow. >>

another new poster comes rolling out of the woodwork for this.....
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think the half grades may increase the price of some cards, however, I think the net effect will be PSA making more money by people having cards resubmitted for grading. PSA is already over loaded with work, but the all might dollar keeps knocking at their door. I would suspect that 60 - 70% of their work load in the near future will be resubmits. Oh, well I guess a person just has to roll with the flow. >>

another new poster comes rolling out of the woodwork for this..... >>

Nice welcome to a newcomer.

Edited to add: Welcome aboard, Phineas. I would imagine this new policy is going to bring a lot of baffled customers to this board for the first time.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    So PSA gets more business and we collectors pay more for our cards. Wonderful!!
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Mr Bud what did the others look like? were they too centered? centered examples have always fetched more.

Also, welcome aboard mr phinneas

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    another new poster comes rolling out of the woodwork for this.....

You don't have to have 1000 posts to have an opinion on half grades. I rarely post however read the boards regularly and agree with the Phineas J Whoopee.
  • Options
    win pitcher,the last sale was a flip,guy bought card for 492.00 in october 07 and sold for 605.00 a couple days ago.tried to pull up the other auctions on vcp but couldn't.
  • Options
    Welcome aboard "Whoppee"

I welcome your opinion.