Home Metal Detecting

Jan08

It's been a while since I did a monthly post. I almost forgot how much work was involved.
Cleanjunk..arrange junk..take pictures..edit pictures..create new post in testing forum..upload pictures..re-edit pictures when some are over 50k..open testing forum post..open all pictures in a new window..go back to MD forum..create new topic..write a bunch of words..link pictures..dig junk back out of junk box because I forgot the dates, or what was written on the piece..proof read the post..fix img tags that I always forget..make the post..open the post..edit the post for mistake I missed the first time around(sometimes just leave them)....finally, stretch fingers and swear that I'll never wait that long between updates again......rinse and repeat.

07Dec03 The day before the ground froze.

The blue thing says "Jamestown Exposition 1607 1907"

January 12th 2008. First hunt of the year.

This is Beckman's Island(better known as Bullet Island). I wanted to do an easy hunt close to home incase the ground was still frozen. It wasn't.

The bridge to get to the Island. Notice the rust line on the railing....That's the high tide mark.

I spent two huors swinging and got nothing but bullets, so I decided to call it quits for the day. Started to head back toward the van and realized that I forgot to check the tide charts before I left. The bridge was gone.
Went back under the cover and thought about lighting a fire to keep warm. It wasn't real cold, but the wind howling and the air was damp. I decided to keep swinging instead. My arms were getting tired so I went into coinshooter mode to avoid digging another 200 bullets. That's when I got my first two coins of the year.
This is the second. Of course the first was a stinkin' Lincoln.
1875 US dime

I took this to show how close I live to the Seabrook Nuke plant. It's around a quarter mile away as the crow flies, but their property line is 100 feet out my back door.

Sunday 13th
Ventured a little further to a spot that gave me some good stuff last year. Still signals there, but it was so wet that I was limited to just a few high spots.
A couple neat relics, so I avoided the skunk.

This reminded me of Radar from Mash.

The next day we got slammed with a foot of the white crap.

Comments

• Nice work Tim!

I really like the button. Hey you found an arrowhead! image I'm pretty sure you are older than it is though. image

The knife is really cool! Thought of Radar myself even before reading your comment.

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Cool finds Tim. Hope you stayed warm!

G.
    imageimageimage
  • davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I like the sexy leg knife.image And I just love old coins. Never get sick of looking at them.
  • i'll have a grape nehi, just like radar....nice phinds phut...like the dime too...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Funny- if you took the ice out of that picture, it would look just like the Marshes of Glynn, here. I could almost completely duplicate that shot, with the causeway and bridge in the distance and all. It's almost eerie. Our marsh hammocks don't usually have trees that tall, but otherwise it looks surprisingly similar.

Of course you remember the view across our marsh, Tim, from when you and I had lunch at Spanky's.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    The nice thing about the knife is that it could be used as a bottle opener as well.
    Nice finds.

Big Dave
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Phut,

That's a great group photo you have there. That dime really looks nice. How well did it clean up? Would love to see some pics before/after and how you cleaned it.

Especially love the knife, pocket watch piece, lock and the arrowhead.

Looking forward to your next set of pics.

Thanks for sharing.
    Speer34

imageimageimage