Home Sports Talk
Options

San Diego Chargers

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
Congrats on a fine season! You guys got off to a slow start but rebounded well enough to give us a good fight in the AFC championship game. Tough break not having LT in there not to mention Gates having that injury slow him down...

Heres to your great season.... imageimage

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivers really gutted it out. I thought he was a clown last week; like him a little better now.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Looks like it is going to be a NY-NE superbowl!!!! (I hope anyway)

I agree the chargers played well. They needed some TD's and not FG's though.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much Paul...you are definitely a class act!image

The Chargers did have a good season, and hopefully will get back to the AFC Championship game next year, just not against a juggernaut team like the Patriots are.

Steve
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like it is going to be a NY-NE superbowl!!!! (I hope anyway)

I agree the chargers played well. They needed some TD's and not FG's though.

Steve >>

I personally would love to see a Packers/Patriots matchup. The Pats played the Giants already and I want to see a new team. The ONLY reason why I would want to see the Giants again is because of Zak DeOssie. Steve DeOssie's kid should have been drafted by the Pats. It would be great to see a local boy make it to the big game in his very first year.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bolts are young and on the rise. Hopefully (for Chargers fans) Norv can prove me wrong again and not screw it up.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they would have been better off playing the back-up QB. Rivers was too hurt to be effective.
  • Options
    Rivers showed he has guts and class. Now LT on the other hand.......
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Turner should've had the cojones to roll with Volek.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Turner should have benched Rivers. On the class thing, it was big news in Indy that after the game a reporter actually reported that Rivers was screaming to the crowd behind their bench "how about your pretty boy, Hollywood quarterback now" I think he has a long ways to go to mature into his role, he is Ryan Leaf with ability at this point.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    The Chargers had a good run. It would have been fun to see what they could do with all their weapons at 100%