Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Been waiting about 5 months for a Redemption from Upper Deck, what should I do? :-(

Hi, i've been waiting almost 5 months for a redemption, I redeemed it on 8/27/2007, and still nothing image What should I do? I really want the card, and don't want to switch for it. Has anybody waited longer, and then later got your card that you originaly reddemed?

Any help would be appreciated image

Giovanni

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    They take forever.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Been waiting for my Dice-K Goudey Sport Royalty auto since 9/21

someday I hope
  • Options
    I don't understand, what do they just forget about you? Is that anyway to treat your customers? Shouldn't they get in contact with us, saying how long more, or give us some kind of information on whats going on? How can they just let 5 months go by, and not get in contact with us saying anything? No way to do business if you ask me!

Giovanni
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Keep on waiting........and waiting......and then wait some more.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    You can complain all you want, but you will continue to buy UD products and singles so why should they treat you any better? Everyone just takes it so they keep doin it.
  • Options

<< <i>You can complain all you want, but you will continue to buy UD products and singles so why should they treat you any better? Everyone just takes it so they keep doin it. >>

Actualy, I have redeemed about 10 cards with UD, and none has taken this long, maybe a month or two at most, but this one is 5 months now!

And no, I will not buy any of their redemption cards anymore, they can image Of course I will buy singles, but I wasen't talking about singles, only this redemption that i've been waiting for about 5 months.

I haven't purchased a box of cards since 2000, and don't plan od doing so, maybe a vintage box of something I like one of these days, but I will continue to buy singles, but never an unredeemed card ever again!

Giovanni
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Why I dont redeem anything with UD. If I pull a redemption, I sell it immediately. Topps on the other hand isnt so horrible and will send redemptions to them. UD sucks.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    After UD reprinted sheets of Griffey rookies and God knows what else so the management there could make a bundle I decided never to do business with them again.

I also remember sending in my money well before they even printed a single card and being promised my cases on a certian date. Of course they were late for that too.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    So what do you guys think I should do?

I really didn't want a replacement, because I really want that card. Will they give me something good in place of it? My redemption is for the new Basketball Chronology stuff, the John Kundla & Vern something, dual auto numbered to 25. Theres not really much I would want in place for that, so not to sure what to do. I know if I call them, its gona be the same old as i've heard on these boards, that they'll replace it.

Giovanni
  • Options
    To be honest, I sent in a redemption one time and I totaly forgot all about it. I don't remember how long it took, but I know it was a long time. had to be6 or 7 months.

Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • Options

<< <i>To be honest, I sent in a redemption one time and I totaly forgot all about it. I don't remember how long it took, but I know it was a long time. had to be6 or 7 months.

image >>

WOW, thats a pretty long wait!

My status still says, please be paitient, signing soon or something like that. So, I guess theres still a chance they will send me that card?

Giovanni
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    I have waited up to 2 years in the past. If the card is what you want then wait it out. If they send you a replacement card(s) you will not be happy with wha you get
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

<< <i>After UD reprinted sheets of Griffey rookies and God knows what else so the management there could make a bundle I decided never to do business with them again. >>

When did this happen? Is there any proof of it?
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    topps is just is as bad, if u get a arod auto or star auto and they dont have it, youll get a 2005 bowman zack greinke instead, i have 2 of this star,redemption cards sucks,whole idea is stupid,if they can be put in the pack leave em out, im still waiting on 2006 topps rookies 52 redempitions image
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I agree, they should not do redemption cards at all
  • Options
    I feel bad for the people who buy old boxes, and get one of two redemptions in it, LOL. There the ones that have no chance of getting anything, because the experation date is up!

Giovanni
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I'm bumping this thread only because it's not worth creating a new one.

I don't recall making this purchase nor submitting the redemption.

<< <i>Congratulations Barry!

We shipped the following redemption(s):
    (removed just in case) 2007 SWEET SPOT BASEBALL SWEET SPOT SIGNATURES DUAL SIGNATURES RED STITCH BLUE INK SS2-CH CARLOS LEE/ HUNTER PENCE
    Please allow up to 10-14 business days for delivery. We hope you will enjoy your new collectible! For more information on Upper Deck products, please visit www.upperdeck.com.

Thank You,

The Upper Deck Company, LLC >>

It's legit because I confirmed it on my UD account.

Yaaaaay for me?

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Mornin Barry. image
  • Options

<< <i>I'm bumping this thread only because it's not worth creating a new one.

I don't recall making this purchase nor submitting the redemption.

<< <i>Congratulations Barry!

(removed just in case) 2007 SWEET SPOT BASEBALL SWEET SPOT SIGNATURES DUAL SIGNATURES RED STITCH BLUE INK SS2-CH CARLOS LEE/ HUNTER PENCE
    Please allow up to 10-14 business days for delivery. We hope you will enjoy your new collectible! For more information on Upper Deck products, please visit www.upperdeck.com.

Thank You,

The Upper Deck Company, LLC >>

maybe your secret santa did it

It's legit because I confirmed it on my UD account.

Yaaaaay for me?

image >>

• Options

<< <i>Mornin Barry. image >>

Morning Trent image

<< <i>maybe your secret santa did it >>

Not possible..

1) I wasn't involved with the SS this past year
    2) They would have to log into my UD account, which would mean someone has my password
    3) No one would be dumb enough to pay good money for a worthless 'Stros card, other than me (of course)

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stown's got a secret cru...ush, stown's got a secrect cru...ush.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    I wish UD would get on the ball with the buyback they shorted me in my case of 2008 Goudey. They had me send UPC's, my receipt from purchase, copies of our email discussion and a frozen stool sample...and I'm still waiting for the card.
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    back in June I pulled a Topps Redemption card for a Jay Bruce autographed card. 8 monthes later no card. I did get an email awhile back saying it has been delayed. I hate redemption cards!
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    See how long I had to wait....

So far only got the 2 in the thread. I've redeemed the whole set and I'll bet we're at the All-Star Break before I get the other 18.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options

<< <i>I wish UD would get on the ball with the buyback they shorted me in my case of 2008 Goudey. They had me send UPC's, my receipt from purchase, copies of our email discussion and a frozen stool sample...and I'm still waiting for the card. >>

atleast by now it's probably thawed and stinking up the place
  • Options

<< <i>See how long I had to wait....

So far only got the 2 in the thread. I've redeemed the whole set and I'll bet we're at the All-Star Break before I get the other 18. >>

Uh, okay.

Sorry that you waited almost 9 months but I've waited almost TWO YEARS.
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    I wasn't trying to have a measuring contest, just saying we all have to wait. The cards I am waiting on aren't autographs though, they are just chrome rookie cards. Ever time I had one with Upper Deck I've never had to wait more than 2 months. Topps has been at least a 6 month wait.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    Charlie9Charlie9 Posts: 526 ✭✭
    There is hope. I got this email just today!

Congratulations Chris!

R2USAM8QN 2006/07 NHL THE CUP HONORABLE NUMBERS, VARIED #'ING JASON SPEZZA

Thank You,

The Upper Deck Company, LLC

My submission date...September of 2007

18 months and they are finally sending it! I still have one other one that I sent on the same date that I'm still waiting on as well.
  • Options
    What an interesting twist.

I got that email this morning and just now, get a package from UD. Wow, that sure was fast.

So I open it up, expecting for Pence and Lee, but got a lump of coal instead.

A SS auto of Ivan Rodriguez (in blue ink) and as a special bonus, a 2005 UD Orgins signed by Carl Crawford AND a Michael Jordan scrapbook card (unsigned).

Um, WTF do I do?

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    thats what i hate about redemptions,they pull the old switcheroo on yaimage
  • Options
    This deserved an email!

To: 'customer_service@upperdeck.com'

Subject: Redemption # xxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I received my redemption this afternoon after waiting almost 2 years. However, instead of the card I was expecting:

xxxxx 2007 SWEET SPOT BASEBALL SWEET SPOT SIGNATURES DUAL SIGNATURES RED STITCH BLUE INK SS2-CH CARLOS LEE/ HUNTER PENCE

I got an Ivan Rodriguez, Carl Crawford, and generic Michael Jordan?

Is UD being serious?!?!? You consider this a comparable exchange?!?

Words fail to express how disappointed I am in UD's customer service.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had decent luck with Upper Deck. I got burned on a 2002 SPx Shockey Jsy/Auto, which turned out to be a Auto only. They gave me a BGS 9 2001 UD Vick RC as a make-up, which booked at $50 at the time.

In other cases, they more than made up for their mistakes. I guess it depends on who you get in customer service.
    Mike
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What an interesting twist.

I got that email this morning and just now, get a package from UD. Wow, that sure was fast.

A SS auto of Ivan Rodriguez (in blue ink) and as a special bonus, a 2005 UD Orgins signed by Carl Crawford AND a Michael Jordan scrapbook card (unsigned).

Um, WTF do I do?

image >>

Paging mudflap. Paging mudflap.
  • Options

<< <i>

Um, WTF do I do?

image >>

Paging mudflap. Paging mudflap. >>

I think his beef is with Topps
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Um, WTF do I do?

image >>

Paging mudflap. Paging mudflap. >>

I think his beef is with Topps >>

Well, if anyone can help a brother out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Having said that, if UD does not rectify, I'm going to wish really, really, really bad hemroids upon the person who thought this was a "comparable exchange".