Home Stamps Forum

Where do ya'll go to buy, sell, swap?

Other than Ebay and Stampwants, are their any active forums out there?
References: Multiple deals with cohodk. Also PQPeace, LordMarcoVan,

Comments

• coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Not that I've found. There's VirtualStampClub, but the ad-ridden Delphi interface is horrendous.
  • dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    For online forums that have a discussion/bst area, there's the Yahoo specialized and general groups and Stamporama . I've heard of others but can't recall them at the moment.
  • There's always the old fashioned way. Want ads in the back of Linns. I've always wondered about the ads for the trading groups that say they have been around for 35 years or so. Are you looking for anything in particular?

Jerry

• Besides buying from some ads in Linns, I buy some on Ebay and Stamporama. Have gotten a few sales circuits from the APS, material is VERY nice, but I always find myself pressed for time and having to scramble and send the circuits along to the next person. Their rules about how they HAVE to be mailed cause problems for me(brown kraft paper, signature confirmation required, commemorative stamps on the package, etc) Yes, it's nice to recieve the circuits with collectable stamps and all but for someone like me that works all the time, getting the things wrapped and down to a post office sometimes is difficult. So I don't take those anymore. I have acquired a relationship with several reputable dealers through ebay and other internet sales and they now send me flyers with offers through the mail. I also have entered into a few good smaller trade arrangements with other collectors through forums like this one.
  • planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭
    Would someone educate me on these "circuits from the APS?" Sounds very interesting!
  • coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Their rules about how they HAVE to be mailed cause problems for me(brown kraft paper, signature confirmation required, commemorative stamps on the package, etc) >>

Ugh.

I just signed up for my first circuit, and nowhere on their web site or in the welcome letter they sent does it say anything about brown kraft paper or commemorative stamps on the package. If those truly are requirements, I'll be dropping this like a bad habit.

The signature confirmation I understand, for safety's sake, but other crap, forget it. Especially since for those doing non-U.S. circuits, the likelihood of collecting modern U.S. commems is virtually nil, meaning it's nothing but a hassle that accomplishes nothing.

I realize that the APS is 80% retired people with all the time in the world on their hands, so it's not an inconvenience, but some of us younger folk have other commitments. I'll stick with the APS store.