Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Please help me identify this coin

Pictures in the attached files. Many thanks in advance.
Successful BST purchases from: WaterSport, commoncents123, Hyperion, mozeppa, Mar327, coinlieutenant, Placid, MFH, fishteeth, FilthyBroke, SilverEagles92, illini420, barberman55, pcgs69 (2x) & 123cents

History of the US Constitution Coin Set

Comments

• Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    That's a 1972 25 new pence from Great Britain commemorating the royal silver wedding anniversary. It lists at $1.75 in uncircualted in my 2004 Krause catalog
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    1972 Great Britain 25 new pence commemorating the 25th wedding anniversary of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip

Nominal value, you should be able to find examples on eBay. The book value in my Krause lists this for $2.50/UNC

The coin size and value is based on the old Crowns, but valued in the "new" decimal currency that was introduced in 1971, this being the first "crown" issued after the conversion.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    Thanks much, gents !
    Successful BST purchases from: WaterSport, commoncents123, Hyperion, mozeppa, Mar327, coinlieutenant, Placid, MFH, fishteeth, FilthyBroke, SilverEagles92, illini420, barberman55, pcgs69 (2x) & 123cents

History of the US Constitution Coin Set
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A common enough coin, but I like the toning on that one. Or maybe it's just the lighting in the photo.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.