Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Some thoughts and a special thanks

While I have not paid attention to such matters as the number of posts I have made or anyone else for that matter,
I do recognize that as collectors, we should consider ourselves fortunate that this form exists. This will be post number 10000 for me. I believe a special thanks to those at Collectors Universe and PCGS is in order for making this forum possible as well as for their efforts at being very reasonable hosts.

Collecting World Coins, in my view, really represents an amazing challenge as well as the opportunity to learn about a wide range of topics ranging from history, culture and design. Further, there are very attractive World Coins that are truly affordable... not everything is expensive nor do all series that one chooses to undertake have to be done seriously.

I have enjoyed the journey so far and I plan to continue because the best is yet to come...

Best wishes in connection with assemblying the coins that make this the hobby that it is.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats, koincat and well said.
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    image Well said,indeed coinkat!
    Congrats on 10000 posts.
    Shep
  • Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    Great 10,000th post!

-- Dentuck

• Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the occasion of your 10,000 post - and I couldn't agree more with you. image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your milestone, Coinkat! Completely agree with your post image
  • Options
    Congrats!!! image
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    BSBS Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, very well said.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>While I have not paid attention to such matters as the number of posts I have made or anyone else for that matter,
    I do recognize that as collectors, we should consider ourselves fortunate that this form exists. This will be post number 10000 for me. I believe a special thanks to those at Collectors Universe and PCGS is in order for making this forum possible as well as for their efforts at being very reasonable hosts.

Collecting World Coins, in my view, really represents an amazing challenge as well as the opportunity to learn about a wide range of topics ranging from history, culture and design. Further, there are very attractive World Coins that are truly affordable... not everything is expensive nor do all series that one chooses to undertake have to be done seriously.

I have enjoyed the journey so far and I plan to continue because the best is yet to come...

Best wishes in connection with assemblying the coins that make this the hobby that it is. >>

Hear Hear....well said.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Choose your title!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    A very well spoken (typed) 10K post! May you continue with many more such noteworthy events as you continue onward to 20K, 30K and beyond! Of the many contributions you have posted in the first 10K I am sad to say I have only read a few... But I appreciate all that I have read!

Thanks for being here...

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>While I have not paid attention to such matters as the number of posts I have made or anyone else for that matter,

Best wishes in connection with assemblying the coins that make this the hobby that it is. >>

Congrats!! And, I won't mention that word in your last sentence. imageimage
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice indeed image. So what title are you going to choose????

Cathy

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for a title, I really have not thought about that... any suggestions? image

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As for a title, I really have not thought about that... any suggestions? image >>

Professor
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Sir, thank you profusely for all your expemplary contributions over the years. This place wouldn't be nearly so dark without your in depth knowledge, experience, wisdom, advice and your DOPTD posts of old. May you bless us with your friendship for many more years!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Well said!

Its an understatement for me to say that this forum has played an integral part in the growth of my interest in the darkside. My hats off to PCGS for the opportunity to lurk, share, observe, learn, and laugh.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!!! image
    Becky
  • Options
    ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    Woo celebration!!

it's insane how many posts go back and forth in this place