"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Is NOT!
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options

<< <i>That's really strange! >>

It is and what is even more strange is why he felt it necessary to let the rest of the world know about it. Did he feet that if he was
    going to write about his life that he needed an "angle" to get the readers interested?
  • Options
    That totally explains his kick returns with the Vikings. He wanted to run up the field, but the stronger of his personalities made him run side to side for no yards! At least one of them was wearing a uniform number so he could tell who he was at the time.
  • Options
    I guess the largest player trade in NFL history just got a little larger!!! Does this mean the Dallas Cowboys will want another future draft pick from the Vikings?
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    image So I guess the Cowboys, Vikings trade of 1989, 12 Vikings for 1 Heschel Walker wans't that bad. Looks like the Vikes knew what they were doing all along
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image So I guess the Cowboys, Vikings trade of 1989, 12 Vikings for 1 Heschel Walker wans't that bad. Looks like the Vikes knew what they were doing all along >>

That was in very poor taste.

But funny! LOL
  • Options
    Happy 50th Herschel!
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got me again! I keep thinking I'm reading current postings.
    You sure enjoy wishing people who are never going to read this a Happy Birthday. But whatever floats your boat.image
  • Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy 50th Herschel! >>

He is the most in-shape, 50-year-old in the world - or way up there.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    I live in Birmingham. George Rogers (who won the '80 Heisman Trophy) said on live radio here a few months back that 1. Herchel deserved to win the '80 Heisman Trophy instead of him, but that back then voters were afraid to give the award to a Freshman and 2. Herschel was the greatest college running back of all time.

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I would agree with the first statement. Herschel was a beast in 1980! I wish he'd stayed in for his senior season. I am not sure if he was the best ever college running back, but he's certainly got quite an argument. Anyone that claims to be better should bring one heck of a resume.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I saw this on another forum and thought I'd ask what you guys thought. The writer of this has presented a couple of articles that compare Herschel Walker to Jerome Bettis and other HOF calibre running backs. His argument is pretty reasonable that the Pro Football HOF should take a serious look at Walker as a legitimate candidate. Read and please give your input. I kind of agree with the guy.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    does he still fight in UFC?
  • Options
    He's one of the greatest athletes of all time. Yes, him too. Seriously though, they are. image I'm really a big fan, I have about 40 autographed trading cards of him.
  • Options
    Happy 51st birthday Herschel.
  • Options

<< <i>He's one of the greatest athletes of all time. Yes, him too. Seriously though, they are. image I'm really a big fan, I have about 40 autographed trading cards of him. >>

He's an awesome ttm mail signer as well. I sent him a card and he signed it and returned like a week later.

I think he's so efficient because one of his personalities signs it, the other packages it up and the other mails it. Great system!

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Matt ... now THAT made me laugh! I know I sent to him a couple of years ago and he signed both cards I sent him.

Here is a picture of him when he was, I believe, 49 or 50.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Happy 52nd Herschel!
  • Options
    He recently won the Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off reality show on The Food Network.

College star, USFL star, NFL star, UFC fighter, Food Network Champ, restaurant owner....the dudes are talented!