Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Finally! Set Complete -- Teaser Pics added in 8th post

Our Liberty Nickel set (MnS Joint Ventures) has had the final three coins of our set crossed over to PCGS. That means our set is now 100% complete on PCGS and puts us just ahead of forum member DRDDM. We actually have almost a complete set of dups, it's a fun series to collect and looks great when they are properly matched! Check out the set if you wanna, i have some uploading of pics to do now. image

Mark

Edit: image, i just looked at the set again and realized that none of my pics are up there. Those pics are all from our old point and shoot camera...i'm gonna be busy image
Edit #2: The pics have started to appear!
Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Coingrats!

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

I just looked at them, brother. Very nice. What's next?
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on completing the set. This is my favorite series by far.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424

<< <i>I just looked at them, brother. Very nice. What's next? >>

The seated dollar set that is linked in my sig along with the liberty nickels. Also, we have a key-date type set that we are (slowly) putting together as opportunities arise to own some spectacular coins that wouldn't fit into our other sets.
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Congrats Speety.

Now I'm going to enjoy watching the expansion of your Seated Dollars.

• Options
    I have been pickin away at this set for awhile too..tough to find em nice..congrats on your set of lib nickels..
    Bruce Scher
  • Options
    Here are a couple teaser pics of my non-pcgs MS-64 doupes... Click the link below to view all the pics that I have done. More will be added daily and hopefully I will get them added to my registry set soon as well.

Click for more pics

NGC 1885 MS-64:

SEGS 1886 MS-64 (check out that strike!!!):

PCGS 1912-D MS-66:

• Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Hi Speety,

Congrats on completing your Lib. Nickel registry set. Nice pics, I see you appreciate the well struck examples which are hard to come by.
    I am the buyer for Carnton Collection and have been patiently waiting for F/S white examples to surface that would upgrade the set.
    Its been quite awhile since I added a coin.
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Speety,

Congrats on completing your Lib. Nickel registry set. Nice pics, I see you appreciate the well struck examples which are hard to come by.
    I am the buyer for Carnton Collection and have been patiently waiting for F/S white examples to surface that would upgrade the set.
    Its been quite awhile since I added a coin. >>

Thanks for the comment, full strike and blaring white were what we shot for as well. Although some champaigne toning was acceptable as shown on the 12-d above. That coins a stunner in hand, only 12-d i've ever seen with full radials on the stars and kernels visible on the left corn. O and the full luster isn't bad either. image

Good luck picking up new coins for that set, Nice liberty nickels for the grade are much tougher then people realize...Wowza, i just looked at the pops for that set, nicely done! But where are the pics? image

Mark

• Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Most of these coins were bought years ago and are stashed away in his SD Box. Here is an 1894 that resembles what most of the coins in the set look like.

I need these dates in PCGS F/S white 1889, 1896, 1897, 1906, 1908, and 12S. Stewart Blay has the most amazing 1912-S that he won't sell.

Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    AZLARRYAZLARRY Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    Congratulations on such a well matched set, fun to look at.