Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

The ultimate 1991-D Jefferson for sale!

ebay auction ms67fs

Now take a look. i had to end the other one and start a new one again. Sweet coin huh?

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    You fixed it. Nice coin!

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how this is Datentype's thread but his is not first poster to thread?

Neat coin. Hard to decide between this pop 1 nickel from 16 years ago at $5,000 or the pop 90++ Jefferson dollar from a few months ago at about $10,000. Humm. image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Its not the ultimate but if it really is a 67FS its a neat coin. Good eye, sounds like sour grapes from Mitch. If it was his he would be singing the praises of his coin. image
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    clackamas, oh it is the ultimate 1991-d. This is not an upgrade but a first time only time submittal.
  • Options

<< <i>clackamas, oh it is the ultimate 1991-d. This is not an upgrade but a first time only time submittal. >>

Wow that is great. Did you change the pic in the auction yet?
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clakamass - I was praising Mark's coin as a good value, especially relative to the other "stuff" out there today. I'll drop it at that.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    Congrats... I hope you get your price.

There really is only one place that coin should go since JHF is gonna sell soon... calling Ray... hey Ray... crack open the checkbook and make him an offer.

Steve

U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    NICE PICK UP, MARK........image

Your doing great with the Nickels.

Hows about those DIMES??????

BILL
  • Options
    Thanks for the congrats you guys! I can not tell you how hard it is to run across a real PCGS approved 67fs coin up until 2001. I am working on some dimes too but they are so tough to look at with my aging eyes. Analyzing bands and the small surfaces are very unrewarding along with the prices they sell at. I got lucky to get $425 for a 1998-p in 68fb and it is pop 6/0 and surprizingly hard to come by. i had some real fresh sets for that date - I think it the 3,000 range and that is all I got.
  • Options

<< <i>Your doing great with the Nickels.

Hows about those DIMES?????? >>

The heck with the dimes!image How about a 1998-D Kennedy in MS68image
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am working on some dimes too but they are so tough to look at with my aging eyes. Analyzing bands and the small surfaces are very unrewarding along with the prices they sell at. I got lucky to get $425 for a 1998-p in 68fb and it is pop 6/0 and surprizingly hard to come by. i had some real fresh sets for that date - I think it the 3,000 range and that is all I got. >>

WHAT? No 1998-D in 67/68FB? image
    Dan
  • Options
    Dan59, I remember when i made the 3 existing 3 98-d rooseies in 68fb a few years back. Hard to imagine making anything like that again.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Mark you have given us many, many of our top pop Roosie dimes. Take that along with the next to top pops and the next to next to top pops and on and on... anyway thanks for all your contributions.
    Now that all the a$$ kissing is out of the way. Go get the laser treatment and get busy... image
    Dan
  • Options
    Dan, I've already had one laser job! i wonder if this can be done twice? Any eye experts around?
  • Options
    TwincamTwincam Posts: 814 ✭✭

<< <i>The heck with the dimes! How about a 1998-D Kennedy in MS68 >>

Or even a 1998-P in 68 would be nice image
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    Okay, it looks like the coin was removed from the Bay... did it sell?

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    Did someone really pay $5500 for that nickel?????????????????????image
  • Options
    ellewood, if someone were to pay that amount would it be too much? Who has some examples? here are but a few:

These are during the past month: 2005-p sac in 70 pop 4 $12,000 or so, 2007-p roosey 70 pop 1/0 $6,500 or so, an entire pcgs box filled with 2003-d sacagaweas in 68 selling for $3,200 each at pop 35, 2004-p sacagaweas in 69 selling for $4,000 at pop 22. Several high population presidential errors selling for thousands each and someone apparently asking for $84,000 for a MEL jefferson Presidential dollar.

I guess the arguement would be on the 70's they are perfect and in a category of their own and the other coins are widely collected series. In my opinion an ms67 6 step Jefferson in some of the very toughest dates is going to be far more rare in the long run than any of those coins by a long shot.
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Great find Mark!!!!! And congrats on the sale

I think you missed one

Wasn’t there a 2007 SF MS70 Kennedy that sold for several thousand as well?

Here is an example to back your pricing

2002P FS PCGS 68

This was the sale price without the buyer’s fee, 12% I believe? So your Nickel was a bit older than mine and Pop 1 also, $5500.00 right on, image

We will be working on some early mint sets shortly, hope we can find some of those early gems
  • Options
    Mike, decent looking 2002-p in 68. For Jeff people and /or hunters in the know, I would suspect a 91-d in 67fs to be much, much harder in the long run in comparison to the 2002-p in 68 - especially 6 flawless steps! As usual i got less than what people think i sold the coin for.

Mike, on the "early" mint sets (jeez you must be young, i was in college when 1991 set was made). Good luck! It really depends upon how PCGS is grading at the time. if you have a decent sample of coins you can expect to breakeven on them for most of last year. 4-10 years ago, you could expect to make good money. i wonder if they have reworked their business plan or is Chistmas over now?
  • Options
    TwincamTwincam Posts: 814 ✭✭

<< <i>We will be working on some early mint sets shortly, hope we can find some of those early gems >>

Michael...Good to hear...And hopefully some of the gems you find will be Kennedys...image
  • Options
    Datentype -

I've been around these boards long enough to know that you are an avid "hunter" and that you sell many top pop coins. In my post, I never implied that you were asking too much...it simply blows my mind that a 1991-D nickel is capable of selling for that kind of money REGARDLESS of what grade it is! Sort of like the kind of money that Keith's 2003-P lincoln brought at auction. It all just blows my mind! It's amazing what the registry game has created!

I am happy for you that you had such good fortune and were able to sell it for a satisfactory profit. By the way, where did you come across the coin? Roll? Mint set?
  • Options
    mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    Hopefully I don't offend anyone on here but that 02 don't look anywhere close to even 67 to me.

Look at the brow area, the jaw tick, the tick in front of the chin and the lower right coat.

morris
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Datentype -

I've been around these boards long enough to know that you are an avid "hunter" and that you sell many top pop coins. In my post, I never implied that you were asking too much...it simply blows my mind that a 1991-D nickel is capable of selling for that kind of money REGARDLESS of what grade it is! Sort of like the kind of money that Keith's 2003-P lincoln brought at auction. It all just blows my mind! It's amazing what the registry game has created!

I am happy for you that you had such good fortune and were able to sell it for a satisfactory profit. By the way, where did you come across the coin? Roll? Mint set? >>

I would like to know this also, what is the main source to start the hunt?